Mar 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Kuemper in for Minnesota
Darcy Kuemper will look to snap the Wild’s three-game losing skid on Thursday, as he gets the start against the Rangers at Xcel.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game holding the first of two wild card spots in the Western Conference, but on the precipice of a tough stretch of games. As such, it’ll be interesting to see if Kuemper can reverse his recent fortunes — he’s allowed seven goals on his last 64 shot faced, a .890 save percentage — or if the Wild will be forced to turn to Ilya Bryzgalov, acquired at the trade deadline from Edmonton.
For the Rangers, Cam Talbot will get the nod tonight.
Ellis goes for Panthers
Dan Ellis will play his first game for Florida tonight when it takes on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Ellis, acquired from Dallas at the deadline, was 5-6-0 with a 3.04 GAA and .900 save percentage with the Stars before moving to the Eastern Conference. Playing him tonight puts Roberto Luongo on the bench tonight but on a collision course with ex-Canucks teammate Cory Schneider for tomorrow, as the Panthers and Devils will do battle in Florida on Friday.
For Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop will be in goal this evening.
Sabres at ‘Canes: Michal Neuvirth for Buffalo, no word yet on a Carolina starter.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 4
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 18
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9