Mar 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Kuemper in for Minnesota
Darcy Kuemper will look to snap the Wild’s three-game losing skid on Thursday, as he gets the start against the Rangers at Xcel.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game holding the first of two wild card spots in the Western Conference, but on the precipice of a tough stretch of games. As such, it’ll be interesting to see if Kuemper can reverse his recent fortunes — he’s allowed seven goals on his last 64 shot faced, a .890 save percentage — or if the Wild will be forced to turn to Ilya Bryzgalov, acquired at the trade deadline from Edmonton.
For the Rangers, Cam Talbot will get the nod tonight.
Ellis goes for Panthers
Dan Ellis will play his first game for Florida tonight when it takes on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Ellis, acquired from Dallas at the deadline, was 5-6-0 with a 3.04 GAA and .900 save percentage with the Stars before moving to the Eastern Conference. Playing him tonight puts Roberto Luongo on the bench tonight but on a collision course with ex-Canucks teammate Cory Schneider for tomorrow, as the Panthers and Devils will do battle in Florida on Friday.
For Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop will be in goal this evening.
Sabres at ‘Canes: Michal Neuvirth for Buffalo, no word yet on a Carolina starter.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)