Mar 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Kuemper in for Minnesota
Darcy Kuemper will look to snap the Wild’s three-game losing skid on Thursday, as he gets the start against the Rangers at Xcel.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game holding the first of two wild card spots in the Western Conference, but on the precipice of a tough stretch of games. As such, it’ll be interesting to see if Kuemper can reverse his recent fortunes — he’s allowed seven goals on his last 64 shot faced, a .890 save percentage — or if the Wild will be forced to turn to Ilya Bryzgalov, acquired at the trade deadline from Edmonton.
For the Rangers, Cam Talbot will get the nod tonight.
Ellis goes for Panthers
Dan Ellis will play his first game for Florida tonight when it takes on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Ellis, acquired from Dallas at the deadline, was 5-6-0 with a 3.04 GAA and .900 save percentage with the Stars before moving to the Eastern Conference. Playing him tonight puts Roberto Luongo on the bench tonight but on a collision course with ex-Canucks teammate Cory Schneider for tomorrow, as the Panthers and Devils will do battle in Florida on Friday.
For Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop will be in goal this evening.
Sabres at ‘Canes: Michal Neuvirth for Buffalo, no word yet on a Carolina starter.
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5