Mar 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Kuemper in for Minnesota
Darcy Kuemper will look to snap the Wild’s three-game losing skid on Thursday, as he gets the start against the Rangers at Xcel.
Minnesota heads into tonight’s game holding the first of two wild card spots in the Western Conference, but on the precipice of a tough stretch of games. As such, it’ll be interesting to see if Kuemper can reverse his recent fortunes — he’s allowed seven goals on his last 64 shot faced, a .890 save percentage — or if the Wild will be forced to turn to Ilya Bryzgalov, acquired at the trade deadline from Edmonton.
For the Rangers, Cam Talbot will get the nod tonight.
Ellis goes for Panthers
Dan Ellis will play his first game for Florida tonight when it takes on the Lightning in Tampa Bay.
Ellis, acquired from Dallas at the deadline, was 5-6-0 with a 3.04 GAA and .900 save percentage with the Stars before moving to the Eastern Conference. Playing him tonight puts Roberto Luongo on the bench tonight but on a collision course with ex-Canucks teammate Cory Schneider for tomorrow, as the Panthers and Devils will do battle in Florida on Friday.
For Tampa Bay, Ben Bishop will be in goal this evening.
Sabres at ‘Canes: Michal Neuvirth for Buffalo, no word yet on a Carolina starter.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)