Mar 13, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
The decision was made just prior to tonight’s Bruins-Coyotes game at TD Garden.
Krug, 22, leads all rookie defensemen — and Bruins defensemen — in scoring this year with 12 goals and 35 points, and has been a mainstay on the blueline all season long, averaging 17:23 TOI per game.
That said, Krug has just one point in his last seven games and has seen his minutes decrease recently, playing just over 12 minutes against the Rangers last week and 14:58 in last night’s win over Montreal.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 17
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)