Mar 13, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The decision was made just prior to tonight’s Bruins-Coyotes game at TD Garden.
Krug, 22, leads all rookie defensemen — and Bruins defensemen — in scoring this year with 12 goals and 35 points, and has been a mainstay on the blueline all season long, averaging 17:23 TOI per game.
That said, Krug has just one point in his last seven games and has seen his minutes decrease recently, playing just over 12 minutes against the Rangers last week and 14:58 in last night’s win over Montreal.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)