Mar 12, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Emotions are sure to run high tonight between the Vancouver Canucks and Winnipeg Jets. Both teams have struggled of late to get positive results as they battle for a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Hardly any surprise that a pair of tough guys squared off Wednesday night. Tom Sestito of the Canucks and Anthony Peluso of the Jets dropped the gloves for a spirited scrap less than three minutes into the first period. With the major penalty, Sestito, is now up to 182 penalty minutes, which leads the league.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6