Mar 12, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
Emotions are sure to run high tonight between the Vancouver Canucks and Winnipeg Jets. Both teams have struggled of late to get positive results as they battle for a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Hardly any surprise that a pair of tough guys squared off Wednesday night. Tom Sestito of the Canucks and Anthony Peluso of the Jets dropped the gloves for a spirited scrap less than three minutes into the first period. With the major penalty, Sestito, is now up to 182 penalty minutes, which leads the league.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5