Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Alex Burrows finally broke the slump.
The Vancouver Canucks’ winger scored his first goal of the season, in his 36th game of the season, during Wednesday’s game between the Canucks and Winnipeg Jets. It tied the two teams at one-goal apiece in the second period.
Burrows, who has dealt with a broken foot, broken jaw and sprained hand this season, is only two years removed from a 28-goal season, and four years removed from a 35-goal season. He’s also in the first year of a four-year, $18 million contract, according to Capgeek.com.
Now, it wasn’t all good for the Canucks in the second period. Ryan Kesler went to the dressing room after being involved in a knee-on-knee collision with Jim Slater, who was assessed a minor penalty for tripping.
Updated: As per Jason Botchford of The Province newspaper, Kesler did not join the team to start the third period.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)