Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Alex Burrows finally broke the slump.
The Vancouver Canucks’ winger scored his first goal of the season, in his 36th game of the season, during Wednesday’s game between the Canucks and Winnipeg Jets. It tied the two teams at one-goal apiece in the second period.
Burrows, who has dealt with a broken foot, broken jaw and sprained hand this season, is only two years removed from a 28-goal season, and four years removed from a 35-goal season. He’s also in the first year of a four-year, $18 million contract, according to Capgeek.com.
Now, it wasn’t all good for the Canucks in the second period. Ryan Kesler went to the dressing room after being involved in a knee-on-knee collision with Jim Slater, who was assessed a minor penalty for tripping.
Updated: As per Jason Botchford of The Province newspaper, Kesler did not join the team to start the third period.
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 43
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)