Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Alex Burrows finally broke the slump.
The Vancouver Canucks’ winger scored his first goal of the season, in his 36th game of the season, during Wednesday’s game between the Canucks and Winnipeg Jets. It tied the two teams at one-goal apiece in the second period.
Burrows, who has dealt with a broken foot, broken jaw and sprained hand this season, is only two years removed from a 28-goal season, and four years removed from a 35-goal season. He’s also in the first year of a four-year, $18 million contract, according to Capgeek.com.
Now, it wasn’t all good for the Canucks in the second period. Ryan Kesler went to the dressing room after being involved in a knee-on-knee collision with Jim Slater, who was assessed a minor penalty for tripping.
Updated: As per Jason Botchford of The Province newspaper, Kesler did not join the team to start the third period.
Do not see Kesler for start of third—
Jason Botchford (@botchford) March 13, 2014
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)