Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EST
Alex Burrows finally broke the slump.
The Vancouver Canucks’ winger scored his first goal of the season, in his 36th game of the season, during Wednesday’s game between the Canucks and Winnipeg Jets. It tied the two teams at one-goal apiece in the second period.
Burrows, who has dealt with a broken foot, broken jaw and sprained hand this season, is only two years removed from a 28-goal season, and four years removed from a 35-goal season. He’s also in the first year of a four-year, $18 million contract, according to Capgeek.com.
Now, it wasn’t all good for the Canucks in the second period. Ryan Kesler went to the dressing room after being involved in a knee-on-knee collision with Jim Slater, who was assessed a minor penalty for tripping.
Updated: As per Jason Botchford of The Province newspaper, Kesler did not join the team to start the third period.
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 4
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 2
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 19
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 55
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45
- Welcome Taylor Hall to the trade rumor mill 53