Mar 12, 2014, 9:33 PM EDT
Alex Burrows finally broke the slump.
The Vancouver Canucks’ winger scored his first goal of the season, in his 36th game of the season, during Wednesday’s game between the Canucks and Winnipeg Jets. It tied the two teams at one-goal apiece in the second period.
Burrows, who has dealt with a broken foot, broken jaw and sprained hand this season, is only two years removed from a 28-goal season, and four years removed from a 35-goal season. He’s also in the first year of a four-year, $18 million contract, according to Capgeek.com.
Now, it wasn’t all good for the Canucks in the second period. Ryan Kesler went to the dressing room after being involved in a knee-on-knee collision with Jim Slater, who was assessed a minor penalty for tripping.
Updated: As per Jason Botchford of The Province newspaper, Kesler did not join the team to start the third period.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 5
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 21
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 86
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (87)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)