Mar 12, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
The Oilers are in St. Louis to play the Blues on Thursday.
Perron is also enjoying one of his best National Hockey League seasons, despite the overall struggles of the team, which sits at the bottom of the Pacific Division standings. Perron has already scored a career-high 24 goals this season, but is also at 46 points. His previous best before that was in 2008-09, when he had 50.
It’s of little consolation, considering where the Oilers are in the Western Conference.
“It would be nice to be a part of a run like (the Blues are on) but it’s the business of the league. I’m in the NHL, getting paid maybe more money than we should to be doing something we love,” Perron told the Edmonton Journal.
“I do kind of wish (this game) had come earlier in the year and that we’d still be in the race, that it would be a real meaningful game for the team, but that’s the way the schedule is.”
“I believe I was a lot actually,” he told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch last summer.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)