Mar 12, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Chicago to Antti up
The Blackhawks will give backup netminder Antti Raanta the nod tonight in a big game against Central Division rivals Colorado.
Chicago, heading into tonight one point up on the Avs for first in the Central, is opting to go with Raanta after No. 1 Corey Crawford struggled to find success against Colorado in three games this year (Crawford has gone 0-2-1 with a 3.96 GAA and .830 save percentage).
Semyon Varlamov will be in goal for Colorado tonight — no surprise, as he’s been stellar against the Hawks this season, posting a perfect 3-0-0 mark with a 1.47 GAA and .963 save percentage.
Lack looks to get on track
After allowing six third-period goals in a 7-4 loss to the Islanders on Monday, Eddie Lack will be back in goal tonight for Vancouver when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Lack, making his eighth straight start tonight, has lost five of his last seven games and has struggled to find consistent form since Roberto Luongo was traded to Florida last Tuesday. The Swedish netminder has a 2.59 GAA and .869 save percentage since Luongo was flipped to the Panthers.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will start in goal.
Ducks at Flames: Joni Ortio for Calgary, no word on an Anaheim starter yet.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11