Mar 12, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Chicago to Antti up
The Blackhawks will give backup netminder Antti Raanta the nod tonight in a big game against Central Division rivals Colorado.
Chicago, heading into tonight one point up on the Avs for first in the Central, is opting to go with Raanta after No. 1 Corey Crawford struggled to find success against Colorado in three games this year (Crawford has gone 0-2-1 with a 3.96 GAA and .830 save percentage).
Semyon Varlamov will be in goal for Colorado tonight — no surprise, as he’s been stellar against the Hawks this season, posting a perfect 3-0-0 mark with a 1.47 GAA and .963 save percentage.
Lack looks to get on track
After allowing six third-period goals in a 7-4 loss to the Islanders on Monday, Eddie Lack will be back in goal tonight for Vancouver when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Lack, making his eighth straight start tonight, has lost five of his last seven games and has struggled to find consistent form since Roberto Luongo was traded to Florida last Tuesday. The Swedish netminder has a 2.59 GAA and .869 save percentage since Luongo was flipped to the Panthers.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will start in goal.
Ducks at Flames: Joni Ortio for Calgary, no word on an Anaheim starter yet.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 20
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)