Mar 12, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Chicago to Antti up
The Blackhawks will give backup netminder Antti Raanta the nod tonight in a big game against Central Division rivals Colorado.
Chicago, heading into tonight one point up on the Avs for first in the Central, is opting to go with Raanta after No. 1 Corey Crawford struggled to find success against Colorado in three games this year (Crawford has gone 0-2-1 with a 3.96 GAA and .830 save percentage).
Semyon Varlamov will be in goal for Colorado tonight — no surprise, as he’s been stellar against the Hawks this season, posting a perfect 3-0-0 mark with a 1.47 GAA and .963 save percentage.
Lack looks to get on track
After allowing six third-period goals in a 7-4 loss to the Islanders on Monday, Eddie Lack will be back in goal tonight for Vancouver when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Lack, making his eighth straight start tonight, has lost five of his last seven games and has struggled to find consistent form since Roberto Luongo was traded to Florida last Tuesday. The Swedish netminder has a 2.59 GAA and .869 save percentage since Luongo was flipped to the Panthers.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will start in goal.
Ducks at Flames: Joni Ortio for Calgary, no word on an Anaheim starter yet.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 25
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 41
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 95
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (96)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)