Mar 12, 2014, 2:54 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Chicago to Antti up
The Blackhawks will give backup netminder Antti Raanta the nod tonight in a big game against Central Division rivals Colorado.
Chicago, heading into tonight one point up on the Avs for first in the Central, is opting to go with Raanta after No. 1 Corey Crawford struggled to find success against Colorado in three games this year (Crawford has gone 0-2-1 with a 3.96 GAA and .830 save percentage).
Semyon Varlamov will be in goal for Colorado tonight — no surprise, as he’s been stellar against the Hawks this season, posting a perfect 3-0-0 mark with a 1.47 GAA and .963 save percentage.
Lack looks to get on track
After allowing six third-period goals in a 7-4 loss to the Islanders on Monday, Eddie Lack will be back in goal tonight for Vancouver when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Lack, making his eighth straight start tonight, has lost five of his last seven games and has struggled to find consistent form since Roberto Luongo was traded to Florida last Tuesday. The Swedish netminder has a 2.59 GAA and .869 save percentage since Luongo was flipped to the Panthers.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will start in goal.
Ducks at Flames: Joni Ortio for Calgary, no word on an Anaheim starter yet.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)