Mar 12, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Chicago to Antti up
The Blackhawks will give backup netminder Antti Raanta the nod tonight in a big game against Central Division rivals Colorado.
Chicago, heading into tonight one point up on the Avs for first in the Central, is opting to go with Raanta after No. 1 Corey Crawford struggled to find success against Colorado in three games this year (Crawford has gone 0-2-1 with a 3.96 GAA and .830 save percentage).
Semyon Varlamov will be in goal for Colorado tonight — no surprise, as he’s been stellar against the Hawks this season, posting a perfect 3-0-0 mark with a 1.47 GAA and .963 save percentage.
Lack looks to get on track
After allowing six third-period goals in a 7-4 loss to the Islanders on Monday, Eddie Lack will be back in goal tonight for Vancouver when the Canucks take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
Lack, making his eighth straight start tonight, has lost five of his last seven games and has struggled to find consistent form since Roberto Luongo was traded to Florida last Tuesday. The Swedish netminder has a 2.59 GAA and .869 save percentage since Luongo was flipped to the Panthers.
For Winnipeg, Ondrej Pavelec will start in goal.
Ducks at Flames: Joni Ortio for Calgary, no word on an Anaheim starter yet.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7