Mar 12, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The rivalry that exists between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens has been rather one-sided in favor of the Habs over the past few years. That changed on Wednesday.
The Bruins, playing on the road, took the game over in the second period to eventually earn a 4-1 victory over the Canadiens.
- So, how much do the Canadiens miss Carey Price? They’ve won only three times since the NHL schedule resumed out of the Olympic break, and have lost three in a row. Of course, Price is dealing with a lower-body injury and hasn’t played since the conclusion of the Sochi Olympics.
- While we’re on the topic of goaltenders, how about the play of Bruins’ puck stopper Tuukka Rask, particularly in the first period? Of his 14 saves, perhaps was none better than the right-pad stop he made on a Max Pacioretty breakaway.
- Some pretty passing here between Boston’s Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand. Bergeron finishes it off, giving the Bruins a two-goal lead at the time.
- The Canadiens had a chance to climb over the Toronto Maple Leafs by one point and into second place in the Atlantic Division standings. They needed a win for that. Didn’t happen. They still fourth in the Eastern Conference.
- How about the play of Carl Soderberg, and the recent production? He now has 14 points in his last 15 games.
- The Bruins extended their winning streak on the road to four games, and their overall winning streak to six games. Gaining strength down the stretch drive, it appears.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)