Mar 12, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The rivalry that exists between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens has been rather one-sided in favor of the Habs over the past few years. That changed on Wednesday.
The Bruins, playing on the road, took the game over in the second period to eventually earn a 4-1 victory over the Canadiens.
- So, how much do the Canadiens miss Carey Price? They’ve won only three times since the NHL schedule resumed out of the Olympic break, and have lost three in a row. Of course, Price is dealing with a lower-body injury and hasn’t played since the conclusion of the Sochi Olympics.
- While we’re on the topic of goaltenders, how about the play of Bruins’ puck stopper Tuukka Rask, particularly in the first period? Of his 14 saves, perhaps was none better than the right-pad stop he made on a Max Pacioretty breakaway.
- Some pretty passing here between Boston’s Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand. Bergeron finishes it off, giving the Bruins a two-goal lead at the time.
- The Canadiens had a chance to climb over the Toronto Maple Leafs by one point and into second place in the Atlantic Division standings. They needed a win for that. Didn’t happen. They still fourth in the Eastern Conference.
- How about the play of Carl Soderberg, and the recent production? He now has 14 points in his last 15 games.
- The Bruins extended their winning streak on the road to four games, and their overall winning streak to six games. Gaining strength down the stretch drive, it appears.
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 12
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)