Mar 12, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The rivalry that exists between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens has been rather one-sided in favor of the Habs over the past few years. That changed on Wednesday.
The Bruins, playing on the road, took the game over in the second period to eventually earn a 4-1 victory over the Canadiens.
- So, how much do the Canadiens miss Carey Price? They’ve won only three times since the NHL schedule resumed out of the Olympic break, and have lost three in a row. Of course, Price is dealing with a lower-body injury and hasn’t played since the conclusion of the Sochi Olympics.
- While we’re on the topic of goaltenders, how about the play of Bruins’ puck stopper Tuukka Rask, particularly in the first period? Of his 14 saves, perhaps was none better than the right-pad stop he made on a Max Pacioretty breakaway.
- Some pretty passing here between Boston’s Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand. Bergeron finishes it off, giving the Bruins a two-goal lead at the time.
- The Canadiens had a chance to climb over the Toronto Maple Leafs by one point and into second place in the Atlantic Division standings. They needed a win for that. Didn’t happen. They still fourth in the Eastern Conference.
- How about the play of Carl Soderberg, and the recent production? He now has 14 points in his last 15 games.
- The Bruins extended their winning streak on the road to four games, and their overall winning streak to six games. Gaining strength down the stretch drive, it appears.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)