Mar 12, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The rivalry that exists between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens has been rather one-sided in favor of the Habs over the past few years. That changed on Wednesday.
The Bruins, playing on the road, took the game over in the second period to eventually earn a 4-1 victory over the Canadiens.
- So, how much do the Canadiens miss Carey Price? They’ve won only three times since the NHL schedule resumed out of the Olympic break, and have lost three in a row. Of course, Price is dealing with a lower-body injury and hasn’t played since the conclusion of the Sochi Olympics.
- While we’re on the topic of goaltenders, how about the play of Bruins’ puck stopper Tuukka Rask, particularly in the first period? Of his 14 saves, perhaps was none better than the right-pad stop he made on a Max Pacioretty breakaway.
- Some pretty passing here between Boston’s Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand. Bergeron finishes it off, giving the Bruins a two-goal lead at the time.
- The Canadiens had a chance to climb over the Toronto Maple Leafs by one point and into second place in the Atlantic Division standings. They needed a win for that. Didn’t happen. They still fourth in the Eastern Conference.
- How about the play of Carl Soderberg, and the recent production? He now has 14 points in his last 15 games.
- The Bruins extended their winning streak on the road to four games, and their overall winning streak to six games. Gaining strength down the stretch drive, it appears.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 3
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 10
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)