Mar 12, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins will be without fourth-liner Daniel Paille for at least the next two games with a concussion.
Paille left the Bruins game Sunday after taking a high hit from Florida Panthers defenseman Ed Jovanovski. Claude Julien said they will keep him out of the lineup in the meantime as Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares.
“He’s feeling much better. It’s very minimal, but they’ve deemed it a concussion. So he’s going through the protocol right now,” said Julien. “Because of the protocol he’s not playing tomorrow, and more than likely not Thursday either. But he’s a very good possibility for Saturday.”
Better safe than sorry, that’s for sure. The Bruins face the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday.
In the meantime, Paille’s absence means Jordan Caron gets to likely jump back in the lineup on the fourth line to take his place. Caron has a goal and an assist in 26 games this season and has been a healthy scratch for a better part of the time.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)