Mar 12, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins will be without fourth-liner Daniel Paille for at least the next two games with a concussion.
Paille left the Bruins game Sunday after taking a high hit from Florida Panthers defenseman Ed Jovanovski. Claude Julien said they will keep him out of the lineup in the meantime as Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares.
“He’s feeling much better. It’s very minimal, but they’ve deemed it a concussion. So he’s going through the protocol right now,” said Julien. “Because of the protocol he’s not playing tomorrow, and more than likely not Thursday either. But he’s a very good possibility for Saturday.”
Better safe than sorry, that’s for sure. The Bruins face the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday.
In the meantime, Paille’s absence means Jordan Caron gets to likely jump back in the lineup on the fourth line to take his place. Caron has a goal and an assist in 26 games this season and has been a healthy scratch for a better part of the time.
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 9
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)