Mar 12, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
The Boston Bruins will be without fourth-liner Daniel Paille for at least the next two games with a concussion.
Paille left the Bruins game Sunday after taking a high hit from Florida Panthers defenseman Ed Jovanovski. Claude Julien said they will keep him out of the lineup in the meantime as Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares.
“He’s feeling much better. It’s very minimal, but they’ve deemed it a concussion. So he’s going through the protocol right now,” said Julien. “Because of the protocol he’s not playing tomorrow, and more than likely not Thursday either. But he’s a very good possibility for Saturday.”
Better safe than sorry, that’s for sure. The Bruins face the Carolina Hurricanes on Saturday.
In the meantime, Paille’s absence means Jordan Caron gets to likely jump back in the lineup on the fourth line to take his place. Caron has a goal and an assist in 26 games this season and has been a healthy scratch for a better part of the time.
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 12
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 6
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 36
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)