Mar 12, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Calgary will get a much-needed veteran presence back in the lineup tonight versus Anaheim as Curtis Glencross will play for the first time since Dec. 21.
The 31-year-old winger has missed the last 29 games with a high ankle sprain, his second significant injury of the season. Earlier, he missed 15 games after suffering a second-degree MCL sprain — all told, Glencross has appeared in just 21 games this year, scoring six goals and 12 points.
The Flames have been rolling with a slew of rookies recently — they iced as many as eight for a couple of games last week — so getting Glencross back is a big deal. He scored 50 goals for Calgary between 2010-12 and serves as one of the club’s alternate captains.
“Anytime you come back you want to start right back up where you left off,” Glencross said, per NHL.com. “Things were just starting to get rolling again when I got hurt there in Pittsburgh. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get back the timing.
“Hopefully we can get the bugs out of the way early and hopefully get better and better as we go on.”
Even with Glencross back in the mix, Clgary is still without the likes of veterans David Jones (upper body), Jiri Hudler (lower body), Dennis Wideman (upper body), Karri Ramo (lower body) and Matt Stajan (personal).
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)