Mar 12, 2014, 7:27 PM EST
Calgary will get a much-needed veteran presence back in the lineup tonight versus Anaheim as Curtis Glencross will play for the first time since Dec. 21.
The 31-year-old winger has missed the last 29 games with a high ankle sprain, his second significant injury of the season. Earlier, he missed 15 games after suffering a second-degree MCL sprain — all told, Glencross has appeared in just 21 games this year, scoring six goals and 12 points.
The Flames have been rolling with a slew of rookies recently — they iced as many as eight for a couple of games last week — so getting Glencross back is a big deal. He scored 50 goals for Calgary between 2010-12 and serves as one of the club’s alternate captains.
“Anytime you come back you want to start right back up where you left off,” Glencross said, per NHL.com. “Things were just starting to get rolling again when I got hurt there in Pittsburgh. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get back the timing.
“Hopefully we can get the bugs out of the way early and hopefully get better and better as we go on.”
Even with Glencross back in the mix, Clgary is still without the likes of veterans David Jones (upper body), Jiri Hudler (lower body), Dennis Wideman (upper body), Karri Ramo (lower body) and Matt Stajan (personal).
- Luongo leaves game, Panthers in bind with Montoya also hurt 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)