Mar 12, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Calgary will get a much-needed veteran presence back in the lineup tonight versus Anaheim as Curtis Glencross will play for the first time since Dec. 21.
The 31-year-old winger has missed the last 29 games with a high ankle sprain, his second significant injury of the season. Earlier, he missed 15 games after suffering a second-degree MCL sprain — all told, Glencross has appeared in just 21 games this year, scoring six goals and 12 points.
The Flames have been rolling with a slew of rookies recently — they iced as many as eight for a couple of games last week — so getting Glencross back is a big deal. He scored 50 goals for Calgary between 2010-12 and serves as one of the club’s alternate captains.
“Anytime you come back you want to start right back up where you left off,” Glencross said, per NHL.com. “Things were just starting to get rolling again when I got hurt there in Pittsburgh. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get back the timing.
“Hopefully we can get the bugs out of the way early and hopefully get better and better as we go on.”
Even with Glencross back in the mix, Clgary is still without the likes of veterans David Jones (upper body), Jiri Hudler (lower body), Dennis Wideman (upper body), Karri Ramo (lower body) and Matt Stajan (personal).
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)