Mar 11, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
A day after a disastrous loss to the New York Islanders, some fans may dream that the Vancouver Canucks will find a hero. Maybe that explains why John Tortorella has Batman on the brain.
“It’s Batman and Robin. It’s easy to be Robin. When you become Batman it changes a little bit and we expect some bumps in the road with Eddie,” Tortorella said. “But I’ve seen him this year handle so many different situations … that this is where we’re going.”
At least Lack, 26, is taking the rather odd comparison in stride. Then again, maybe it’s all about the cool car.
“I always want to be Batman. Just going try to do my best here and get back at it,” Lack said. “The Batmobile is pretty cool.”
A sense of humor might just be needed in this situation.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4