Mar 11, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
A day after a disastrous loss to the New York Islanders, some fans may dream that the Vancouver Canucks will find a hero. Maybe that explains why John Tortorella has Batman on the brain.
“It’s Batman and Robin. It’s easy to be Robin. When you become Batman it changes a little bit and we expect some bumps in the road with Eddie,” Tortorella said. “But I’ve seen him this year handle so many different situations … that this is where we’re going.”
At least Lack, 26, is taking the rather odd comparison in stride. Then again, maybe it’s all about the cool car.
“I always want to be Batman. Just going try to do my best here and get back at it,” Lack said. “The Batmobile is pretty cool.”
A sense of humor might just be needed in this situation.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 9
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 51
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (53)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)