Mar 11, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars are in a situation where every game really counts, so they didn’t get much time to shake off Rich Peverley‘s scary collapse, even with Monday’s game postponed. Remarkably, they hopped on a plane and beat the Blues in St. Louis one day after that frightening moment, giving Ryan Miller his first loss with the team via a Jamie Benn 3-2 overtime game-winner.
Despite that success, there’s no doubt that the Stars and their fans had the 31-year-old forward in their hearts and minds tonight.
Along with giving Miller his first defeat with his new team, this also ends a five-game winning streak for the Blues. The Stars now have a tenuous hold on the second Western Conference wild card spot with this win.
It’s also worth noting that Tim Thomas seems to be fitting in well early on, as he stopped 28 out of 30 shots for (strangely) his first full start for Dallas. He earned his first win as a Stars goalie in relief of Kari Lehtonen and then saw a game ended early on Monday after being traded from the Florida Panthers … so it’s been a tumultuous week for him, too.
Update: Here is how the West playoff outlook shakes out after Tuesday’s games:
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)