Mar 11, 2014, 11:48 PM EST
The Dallas Stars are in a situation where every game really counts, so they didn’t get much time to shake off Rich Peverley‘s scary collapse, even with Monday’s game postponed. Remarkably, they hopped on a plane and beat the Blues in St. Louis one day after that frightening moment, giving Ryan Miller his first loss with the team via a Jamie Benn 3-2 overtime game-winner.
Despite that success, there’s no doubt that the Stars and their fans had the 31-year-old forward in their hearts and minds tonight.
Along with giving Miller his first defeat with his new team, this also ends a five-game winning streak for the Blues. The Stars now have a tenuous hold on the second Western Conference wild card spot with this win.
It’s also worth noting that Tim Thomas seems to be fitting in well early on, as he stopped 28 out of 30 shots for (strangely) his first full start for Dallas. He earned his first win as a Stars goalie in relief of Kari Lehtonen and then saw a game ended early on Monday after being traded from the Florida Panthers … so it’s been a tumultuous week for him, too.
Update: Here is how the West playoff outlook shakes out after Tuesday’s games:
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)