Mar 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
It would be easy to understand if the overwhelming majority of those rooting or working for the Calgary Flames were counting down the days until their final game on April 13. At least then the pain will end.
“It doesn’t look too good,” Flames coach Bob Hartley said, according to the Calgary Sun’s Wes Gilbertson
Granlund, 20, is playing in his first professional season. He’s excelled with the AHL Abbotsford Heat and has three points in seven games with Calgary.
Abbotsford Heat dressed 9 defencemen last night because they only had 9 healthy forwards, so Granlund's injury could be bad news there too.
— Wes Gilbertson (@SUNGilbertson) March 11, 2014
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)