Mar 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
It would be easy to understand if the overwhelming majority of those rooting or working for the Calgary Flames were counting down the days until their final game on April 13. At least then the pain will end.
“It doesn’t look too good,” Flames coach Bob Hartley said, according to the Calgary Sun’s Wes Gilbertson
Granlund, 20, is playing in his first professional season. He’s excelled with the AHL Abbotsford Heat and has three points in seven games with Calgary.
Abbotsford Heat dressed 9 defencemen last night because they only had 9 healthy forwards, so Granlund's injury could be bad news there too.
— Wes Gilbertson (@SUNGilbertson) March 11, 2014
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)