Mar 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EST
It would be easy to understand if the overwhelming majority of those rooting or working for the Calgary Flames were counting down the days until their final game on April 13. At least then the pain will end.
“It doesn’t look too good,” Flames coach Bob Hartley said, according to the Calgary Sun’s Wes Gilbertson
Granlund, 20, is playing in his first professional season. He’s excelled with the AHL Abbotsford Heat and has three points in seven games with Calgary.
Abbotsford Heat dressed 9 defencemen last night because they only had 9 healthy forwards, so Granlund's injury could be bad news there too.
— Wes Gilbertson (@SUNGilbertson) March 11, 2014
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)