Mar 11, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
It would be easy to understand if the overwhelming majority of those rooting or working for the Calgary Flames were counting down the days until their final game on April 13. At least then the pain will end.
“It doesn’t look too good,” Flames coach Bob Hartley said, according to the Calgary Sun’s Wes Gilbertson
Granlund, 20, is playing in his first professional season. He’s excelled with the AHL Abbotsford Heat and has three points in seven games with Calgary.
Abbotsford Heat dressed 9 defencemen last night because they only had 9 healthy forwards, so Granlund's injury could be bad news there too.
— Wes Gilbertson (@SUNGilbertson) March 11, 2014
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)