Mar 11, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have reportedly agreed to terms with Lake Superior State defenseman Kevin Czuczman, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
UPDATE: Isles confirm the signing.
Czuczman, 23, is a 6-foot-3, 205-pound rearguard that scored 10 goals and 21 points in 36 games this season for Lake Superior — the same school that produced the likes of Doug Weight and Brian Rolston.
Czuczman has skated in each of Buffalo’s last two summer development camps and, according to Friedman, was one of the most highly regarding college free agents in this year’s class — along with New Hampshire’s Trevor van Riemsdyk (brother of James van Riemsdyk) and Boston College’s Kevin Hayes (brother of Jimmy Hayes).
Image courtesy WCHA.com
UPDATE: Just a bit of clarity on Hayes — he’s a Chicago draft pick (first round, ’10) but has yet to sign with the team. According to Friedman, people are “curious to see what his plans are.”
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)