Mar 11, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
The New York Islanders have reportedly agreed to terms with Lake Superior State defenseman Kevin Czuczman, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
UPDATE: Isles confirm the signing.
Czuczman, 23, is a 6-foot-3, 205-pound rearguard that scored 10 goals and 21 points in 36 games this season for Lake Superior — the same school that produced the likes of Doug Weight and Brian Rolston.
Czuczman has skated in each of Buffalo’s last two summer development camps and, according to Friedman, was one of the most highly regarding college free agents in this year’s class — along with New Hampshire’s Trevor van Riemsdyk (brother of James van Riemsdyk) and Boston College’s Kevin Hayes (brother of Jimmy Hayes).
Image courtesy WCHA.com
UPDATE: Just a bit of clarity on Hayes — he’s a Chicago draft pick (first round, ’10) but has yet to sign with the team. According to Friedman, people are “curious to see what his plans are.”
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)