Mar 11, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have reportedly agreed to terms with Lake Superior State defenseman Kevin Czuczman, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
UPDATE: Isles confirm the signing.
Czuczman, 23, is a 6-foot-3, 205-pound rearguard that scored 10 goals and 21 points in 36 games this season for Lake Superior — the same school that produced the likes of Doug Weight and Brian Rolston.
Czuczman has skated in each of Buffalo’s last two summer development camps and, according to Friedman, was one of the most highly regarding college free agents in this year’s class — along with New Hampshire’s Trevor van Riemsdyk (brother of James van Riemsdyk) and Boston College’s Kevin Hayes (brother of Jimmy Hayes).
Image courtesy WCHA.com
UPDATE: Just a bit of clarity on Hayes — he’s a Chicago draft pick (first round, ’10) but has yet to sign with the team. According to Friedman, people are “curious to see what his plans are.”
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11