Mar 11, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have reportedly agreed to terms with Lake Superior State defenseman Kevin Czuczman, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
UPDATE: Isles confirm the signing.
Czuczman, 23, is a 6-foot-3, 205-pound rearguard that scored 10 goals and 21 points in 36 games this season for Lake Superior — the same school that produced the likes of Doug Weight and Brian Rolston.
Czuczman has skated in each of Buffalo’s last two summer development camps and, according to Friedman, was one of the most highly regarding college free agents in this year’s class — along with New Hampshire’s Trevor van Riemsdyk (brother of James van Riemsdyk) and Boston College’s Kevin Hayes (brother of Jimmy Hayes).
Image courtesy WCHA.com
UPDATE: Just a bit of clarity on Hayes — he’s a Chicago draft pick (first round, ’10) but has yet to sign with the team. According to Friedman, people are “curious to see what his plans are.”
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)