Mar 11, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
The New York Islanders have reportedly agreed to terms with Lake Superior State defenseman Kevin Czuczman, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
UPDATE: Isles confirm the signing.
Czuczman, 23, is a 6-foot-3, 205-pound rearguard that scored 10 goals and 21 points in 36 games this season for Lake Superior — the same school that produced the likes of Doug Weight and Brian Rolston.
Czuczman has skated in each of Buffalo’s last two summer development camps and, according to Friedman, was one of the most highly regarding college free agents in this year’s class — along with New Hampshire’s Trevor van Riemsdyk (brother of James van Riemsdyk) and Boston College’s Kevin Hayes (brother of Jimmy Hayes).
Image courtesy WCHA.com
UPDATE: Just a bit of clarity on Hayes — he’s a Chicago draft pick (first round, ’10) but has yet to sign with the team. According to Friedman, people are “curious to see what his plans are.”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)