Mar 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Washington Capitals coach Adam Oates thought Evgeny Kuznetsov was great in his NHL debut, but he also wants fans to be patient with the 21-year-old forward. (CSN Washington)
San Jose hasn’t been able to perform with the man advantage lately, but so far it hasn’t cost them. (CSN Bay Area)
Although the Ottawa Senators badly needed a win last night, defenseman Marc Methot thinks the fact that they came back from a 3-0 deficit to secure a point in their 4-3 loss to Nashville “makes a world of a difference.” (Ottawa Citizen)
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 0
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 17
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 24
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 23
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 17
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 53
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6