Mar 11, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Tuesday night’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Washington Capitals coach Adam Oates thought Evgeny Kuznetsov was great in his NHL debut, but he also wants fans to be patient with the 21-year-old forward. (CSN Washington)
San Jose hasn’t been able to perform with the man advantage lately, but so far it hasn’t cost them. (CSN Bay Area)
Although the Ottawa Senators badly needed a win last night, defenseman Marc Methot thinks the fact that they came back from a 3-0 deficit to secure a point in their 4-3 loss to Nashville “makes a world of a difference.” (Ottawa Citizen)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50