Mar 11, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The OHL announced that a Wednesday game between the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and Saginaw Spirit has been postponed after word surfaced regarding the death of Saginaw player Terry Trafford today. The 20-year-old had been missing since March 3 before his body was found on Tuesday.
Trafford’s Saginaw Spirit were set to host that contest on Wednesday, making the decision for postponement that much more understandable.
The OHL also notes that teams will observe a moment of silence before their next home games.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)