Mar 11, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The OHL announced that a Wednesday game between the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and Saginaw Spirit has been postponed after word surfaced regarding the death of Saginaw player Terry Trafford today. The 20-year-old had been missing since March 3 before his body was found on Tuesday.
Trafford’s Saginaw Spirit were set to host that contest on Wednesday, making the decision for postponement that much more understandable.
The OHL also notes that teams will observe a moment of silence before their next home games.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 4
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 33
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)