Mar 11, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The OHL announced that a Wednesday game between the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and Saginaw Spirit has been postponed after word surfaced regarding the death of Saginaw player Terry Trafford today. The 20-year-old had been missing since March 3 before his body was found on Tuesday.
Trafford’s Saginaw Spirit were set to host that contest on Wednesday, making the decision for postponement that much more understandable.
The OHL also notes that teams will observe a moment of silence before their next home games.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)