Mar 11, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The OHL announced that a Wednesday game between the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and Saginaw Spirit has been postponed after word surfaced regarding the death of Saginaw player Terry Trafford today. The 20-year-old had been missing since March 3 before his body was found on Tuesday.
Trafford’s Saginaw Spirit were set to host that contest on Wednesday, making the decision for postponement that much more understandable.
The OHL also notes that teams will observe a moment of silence before their next home games.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)