Mar 11, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
The OHL announced that a Wednesday game between the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds and Saginaw Spirit has been postponed after word surfaced regarding the death of Saginaw player Terry Trafford today. The 20-year-old had been missing since March 3 before his body was found on Tuesday.
Trafford’s Saginaw Spirit were set to host that contest on Wednesday, making the decision for postponement that much more understandable.
The OHL also notes that teams will observe a moment of silence before their next home games.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)