Mar 11, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
On Monday, USA Hockey announced its 2014 National Team Development Program camp roster, featuring a number of players with ties to the National Hockey League.
Graham McPhee, the son of Washington Capitals GM George McPhee, headlines the list — McPhee has committed to Boston College and is currently playing at Shattuck-St Mary’s, the same school that produced Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews and Zach Parise.
Other NTDP campers with NHL connections include…
— Kieffer Bellows, son of former Minnesota North Stars forward Brian Bellows.
— Logan Brown, son of 12-year NHL defenseman Jeff Brown.
— Griffin Luce, grandson of ex-NHLer and current Flyers scout Don Luce.
— Jamie Armstrong, son of Blues scouting director Bill Armstrong.
Camp coaches will include former Nashville and Montreal forward Blake Geoffrion, and ex-Hurricanes defenseman David Tanabe.
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 12
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 5
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 51
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)