Mar 11, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
On Monday, USA Hockey announced its 2014 National Team Development Program camp roster, featuring a number of players with ties to the National Hockey League.
Graham McPhee, the son of Washington Capitals GM George McPhee, headlines the list — McPhee has committed to Boston College and is currently playing at Shattuck-St Mary’s, the same school that produced Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews and Zach Parise.
Other NTDP campers with NHL connections include…
— Kieffer Bellows, son of former Minnesota North Stars forward Brian Bellows.
— Logan Brown, son of 12-year NHL defenseman Jeff Brown.
— Griffin Luce, grandson of ex-NHLer and current Flyers scout Don Luce.
— Jamie Armstrong, son of Blues scouting director Bill Armstrong.
Camp coaches will include former Nashville and Montreal forward Blake Geoffrion, and ex-Hurricanes defenseman David Tanabe.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)