Mar 11, 2014, 1:51 PM EDT
Good sight on the Xcel Energy Center ice today as Wild goalie Josh Harding skated for the first time since January.
“I had heard how much better he was doing and when I got a chance to talk to him this morning, you could see it,” Wild head coach Mike Yeo said, per the Star Tribune. “You could see it in his face, you could see the relief. You could just see he’s in a much better place right now.
“I think it’s great. It’s great to have him around. The next step is getting him on the ice and talk more about what the plan is. We haven’t discussed that.”
Harding hasn’t played since Dec. 31 after undergoing a change in treatment protocol for multiple sclerosis — he practiced briefly in January but left the team soon after because he wasn’t feeling well. All told, Harding has missed the last 22 games and with him and Niklas Backstrom out of action, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher went out and acquired Ilya Bryzgalov from Edmonton at the deadline.
Unofficially, Minnesota has all but ruled out a Harding return this season. The 29-year-old had been the club’s MVP through the first half of the season, posting an 18-7-3 record with a 1.65 GAA and .933 save percentage.
Rookie Darcy Kuemper is now handling the Wild’s starting duties.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)