Mar 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Marty goes again for Devils
Martin Brodeur will make consecutive starts for the first time since early January, as he’ll be in goal tonight to face the Flyers. The veteran netminder was in goal for Saturday’s win over the Hurricanes — stopping 33 shots in the process — and will get a chance to carry that momentum tonight, looking for his fourth straight win.
For the Flyers, Steve Mason gets the nod in goal. Mason is coming off a 36-save OT loss to the Leafs on Saturday, which snapped his three-game winning streak.
Halak back in, too
The Washington Capitals are giving Jaroslav Halak a serious audition for their No. 1 gig.
Halak will start his third straight game for the Caps on Tuesday against Pittsburgh — the second time he’ll face the Pens in as many nights. Halak gave up three goals on 20 shots in Monday’s 3-2 loss to Pittsburgh, this after stopping 31 of 33 shots in a 3-2 win over Phoenix in his Caps debut on Saturday.
No word yet on who the Penguins will start in goal.
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 0
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 2
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 0
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 42
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)