Mar 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Marty goes again for Devils
Martin Brodeur will make consecutive starts for the first time since early January, as he’ll be in goal tonight to face the Flyers. The veteran netminder was in goal for Saturday’s win over the Hurricanes — stopping 33 shots in the process — and will get a chance to carry that momentum tonight, looking for his fourth straight win.
For the Flyers, Steve Mason gets the nod in goal. Mason is coming off a 36-save OT loss to the Leafs on Saturday, which snapped his three-game winning streak.
Halak back in, too
The Washington Capitals are giving Jaroslav Halak a serious audition for their No. 1 gig.
Halak will start his third straight game for the Caps on Tuesday against Pittsburgh — the second time he’ll face the Pens in as many nights. Halak gave up three goals on 20 shots in Monday’s 3-2 loss to Pittsburgh, this after stopping 31 of 33 shots in a 3-2 win over Phoenix in his Caps debut on Saturday.
No word yet on who the Penguins will start in goal.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 53
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (53)