Mar 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Marty goes again for Devils
Martin Brodeur will make consecutive starts for the first time since early January, as he’ll be in goal tonight to face the Flyers. The veteran netminder was in goal for Saturday’s win over the Hurricanes — stopping 33 shots in the process — and will get a chance to carry that momentum tonight, looking for his fourth straight win.
For the Flyers, Steve Mason gets the nod in goal. Mason is coming off a 36-save OT loss to the Leafs on Saturday, which snapped his three-game winning streak.
Halak back in, too
The Washington Capitals are giving Jaroslav Halak a serious audition for their No. 1 gig.
Halak will start his third straight game for the Caps on Tuesday against Pittsburgh — the second time he’ll face the Pens in as many nights. Halak gave up three goals on 20 shots in Monday’s 3-2 loss to Pittsburgh, this after stopping 31 of 33 shots in a 3-2 win over Phoenix in his Caps debut on Saturday.
No word yet on who the Penguins will start in goal.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)