Mar 11, 2014, 4:26 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Marty goes again for Devils
Martin Brodeur will make consecutive starts for the first time since early January, as he’ll be in goal tonight to face the Flyers. The veteran netminder was in goal for Saturday’s win over the Hurricanes — stopping 33 shots in the process — and will get a chance to carry that momentum tonight, looking for his fourth straight win.
For the Flyers, Steve Mason gets the nod in goal. Mason is coming off a 36-save OT loss to the Leafs on Saturday, which snapped his three-game winning streak.
Halak back in, too
The Washington Capitals are giving Jaroslav Halak a serious audition for their No. 1 gig.
Halak will start his third straight game for the Caps on Tuesday against Pittsburgh — the second time he’ll face the Pens in as many nights. Halak gave up three goals on 20 shots in Monday’s 3-2 loss to Pittsburgh, this after stopping 31 of 33 shots in a 3-2 win over Phoenix in his Caps debut on Saturday.
No word yet on who the Penguins will start in goal.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)