Mar 11, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
P.A. Parenteau was relieved to stay with the Colorado Avalanche following the trade deadline, but it sounds like Monday was his last regular season game with the team.
Head coach Patrick Roy estimated that Parenteau, 30, will miss six weeks with a knee (MCL) injury. His regular season is likely over with the playoffs ranking as a question mark. Roy said there may be more information soon, as the Denver Post’s Mike Chambers shares.
Parenteau has 33 points in 53 games with Colorado this season. The Avalanche beat the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 in OT despite being low on forwards as Paul Stastny was also out of the lineup on Monday.
Colorado must move on with Parenteau going forward, including a significant challenge against Chicago on Wednesday.
Jun 2, 2015, 9:12 AM EDT
“I don’t win them and I don’t think I’m losing them.”
Jun 2, 2015, 8:09 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Jun 2, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Andre Tourigny could be joining the club as an assistant coach.
Jun 2, 2015, 12:01 AM EDT
The deal includes a $120,000 signing bonus.
Jun 1, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
They’re two way contracts worth $575,000.
Jun 1, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
If they advance to the Calder Cup final.
Jun 1, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Both defensemen are set to become unrestricted free agents next month.
Jun 1, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
New Jersey has a press conference scheduled for noon on Tuesday.
Jun 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
He spent the 2014-15 season in the Swedish Hockey League.
Jun 1, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Tampa initially got the pick in the Martin St. Louis deal last year.
Jun 1, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
The power of perception.
Jun 1, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
Two had fractured bones and the others were dealing with strains.
Jun 1, 2015, 4:14 PM EDT
They’ll do so at their draft day viewing party.
Jun 1, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
They also inked 2014 third round pick Blake Siebenaler.
Jun 1, 2015, 2:32 PM EDT
The league has become more competitive and great teams are forced to make hard choices.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
Sure, there are challenges ahead, but also great opportunities.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
That’s back-to-back finals for McCauley and O’Halloran.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:24 PM EDT
Yet doctors say he will be able to return next season.
Jun 1, 2015, 1:02 PM EDT
Patrick Kane is high on the list too.
Jun 1, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
This after Vancouver previously interviewed Ted Nolan.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 14
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 65
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)