Mar 11, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
P.A. Parenteau was relieved to stay with the Colorado Avalanche following the trade deadline, but it sounds like Monday was his last regular season game with the team.
Head coach Patrick Roy estimated that Parenteau, 30, will miss six weeks with a knee (MCL) injury. His regular season is likely over with the playoffs ranking as a question mark. Roy said there may be more information soon, as the Denver Post’s Mike Chambers shares.
Parenteau has 33 points in 53 games with Colorado this season. The Avalanche beat the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 in OT despite being low on forwards as Paul Stastny was also out of the lineup on Monday.
Colorado must move on with Parenteau going forward, including a significant challenge against Chicago on Wednesday.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)