Mar 11, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
P.A. Parenteau was relieved to stay with the Colorado Avalanche following the trade deadline, but it sounds like Monday was his last regular season game with the team.
Head coach Patrick Roy estimated that Parenteau, 30, will miss six weeks with a knee (MCL) injury. His regular season is likely over with the playoffs ranking as a question mark. Roy said there may be more information soon, as the Denver Post’s Mike Chambers shares.
Parenteau has 33 points in 53 games with Colorado this season. The Avalanche beat the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 in OT despite being low on forwards as Paul Stastny was also out of the lineup on Monday.
Colorado must move on with Parenteau going forward, including a significant challenge against Chicago on Wednesday.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5