Mar 11, 2014, 12:29 AM EDT
P.A. Parenteau was relieved to stay with the Colorado Avalanche following the trade deadline, but it sounds like Monday was his last regular season game with the team.
Head coach Patrick Roy estimated that Parenteau, 30, will miss six weeks with a knee (MCL) injury. His regular season is likely over with the playoffs ranking as a question mark. Roy said there may be more information soon, as the Denver Post’s Mike Chambers shares.
Parenteau has 33 points in 53 games with Colorado this season. The Avalanche beat the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 in OT despite being low on forwards as Paul Stastny was also out of the lineup on Monday.
Colorado must move on with Parenteau going forward, including a significant challenge against Chicago on Wednesday.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 14
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 88
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (88)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)