Mar 10, 2014, 8:09 PM EST
Update: The Senators announced that Ceci won’t return as the shot left him with a laceration behind his right ear. No further information was provided regarding his health.
Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber possesses one of the most dangerous shots in the NHL – remember when a Weber goal went through a net at the 2010 Olympics? – and two Ottawa Senators suffered the ill effects of that power early in Monday’s game.
Both goalie Craig Anderson and blueliner Cody Ceci were shaken up by Weber shots that hit them high in tonight’s contest. While Anderson managed to shake things off, Ceci left the ice bleeding from his head in a scary scene.
Here’s video of the scary moment.
It’s unclear how serious Ceci’s issues are yet. As Bonk’s Mullet shares, it was a bloody sight for the 20-year-old:
Additional video/images will be added and health updates will be provided upon availability.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54