Mar 10, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Update: The Senators announced that Ceci won’t return as the shot left him with a laceration behind his right ear. No further information was provided regarding his health.
Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber possesses one of the most dangerous shots in the NHL – remember when a Weber goal went through a net at the 2010 Olympics? – and two Ottawa Senators suffered the ill effects of that power early in Monday’s game.
Both goalie Craig Anderson and blueliner Cody Ceci were shaken up by Weber shots that hit them high in tonight’s contest. While Anderson managed to shake things off, Ceci left the ice bleeding from his head in a scary scene.
Here’s video of the scary moment.
It’s unclear how serious Ceci’s issues are yet. As Bonk’s Mullet shares, it was a bloody sight for the 20-year-old:
Additional video/images will be added and health updates will be provided upon availability.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39