Mar 10, 2014, 8:09 PM EDT
Update: The Senators announced that Ceci won’t return as the shot left him with a laceration behind his right ear. No further information was provided regarding his health.
Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber possesses one of the most dangerous shots in the NHL – remember when a Weber goal went through a net at the 2010 Olympics? – and two Ottawa Senators suffered the ill effects of that power early in Monday’s game.
Both goalie Craig Anderson and blueliner Cody Ceci were shaken up by Weber shots that hit them high in tonight’s contest. While Anderson managed to shake things off, Ceci left the ice bleeding from his head in a scary scene.
Here’s video of the scary moment.
It’s unclear how serious Ceci’s issues are yet. As Bonk’s Mullet shares, it was a bloody sight for the 20-year-old:
Additional video/images will be added and health updates will be provided upon availability.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30