Mar 10, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs will begin a tough five-game road trip tonight in Anaheim. With contests in San Jose, Los Angeles, Washington, and Detroit to follow, it promises to be one of the tougher stretches of the season for a Leafs side that still has work to do to make the playoffs.
A quick glance at the standings reveals a fairly comfortable cushion for the Leafs…
…but that cushion could be quickly erased if things go sideways on their trip.
“We’ll see some really good teams now, starting with the first three in a row,” coach Randy Carlyle said, per the Toronto Sun.
“We have to understand there is a certain type of game we have to play out on the road. We’re a skating club and we have to show that.”
Toronto enters its all-important trip on a two-game winning streak, both victories coming in overtime, including Saturday’s 3-2 defeat of the Flyers.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)