Mar 10, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs will begin a tough five-game road trip tonight in Anaheim. With contests in San Jose, Los Angeles, Washington, and Detroit to follow, it promises to be one of the tougher stretches of the season for a Leafs side that still has work to do to make the playoffs.
A quick glance at the standings reveals a fairly comfortable cushion for the Leafs…
…but that cushion could be quickly erased if things go sideways on their trip.
“We’ll see some really good teams now, starting with the first three in a row,” coach Randy Carlyle said, per the Toronto Sun.
“We have to understand there is a certain type of game we have to play out on the road. We’re a skating club and we have to show that.”
Toronto enters its all-important trip on a two-game winning streak, both victories coming in overtime, including Saturday’s 3-2 defeat of the Flyers.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 4
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 6
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 14
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)