Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Anaheim’s big deadline day acquisition is set to debut next week.
Robidas, 37, has been out of action since breaking broke both his tibia and fibula, which required a rod being inserted into the tibia and screws inserted into his ankle and knee. Robidas was given a 4-6 month recovery timetable but, within days of undergoing surgery, was doing upper leg exercises and trying to develop movement in his ankle.
Robidas is in the final of a four-year, $13.2 million deal with a $3.3 million cap hit.
If he does return to action on the 18th, it promises to be a big night at the Honda Center. The game will also be the first time ex-Duck Dustin Penner returns to Anaheim since being flipped to Washington at the deadline. Penner spent three years in Anaheim, helping win the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history during the 2006-07 campaign.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)