Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
Anaheim’s big deadline day acquisition is set to debut next week.
Robidas, 37, has been out of action since breaking broke both his tibia and fibula, which required a rod being inserted into the tibia and screws inserted into his ankle and knee. Robidas was given a 4-6 month recovery timetable but, within days of undergoing surgery, was doing upper leg exercises and trying to develop movement in his ankle.
Robidas is in the final of a four-year, $13.2 million deal with a $3.3 million cap hit.
If he does return to action on the 18th, it promises to be a big night at the Honda Center. The game will also be the first time ex-Duck Dustin Penner returns to Anaheim since being flipped to Washington at the deadline. Penner spent three years in Anaheim, helping win the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history during the 2006-07 campaign.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4