Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Anaheim’s big deadline day acquisition is set to debut next week.
Robidas, 37, has been out of action since breaking broke both his tibia and fibula, which required a rod being inserted into the tibia and screws inserted into his ankle and knee. Robidas was given a 4-6 month recovery timetable but, within days of undergoing surgery, was doing upper leg exercises and trying to develop movement in his ankle.
Robidas is in the final of a four-year, $13.2 million deal with a $3.3 million cap hit.
If he does return to action on the 18th, it promises to be a big night at the Honda Center. The game will also be the first time ex-Duck Dustin Penner returns to Anaheim since being flipped to Washington at the deadline. Penner spent three years in Anaheim, helping win the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history during the 2006-07 campaign.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)