Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Anaheim’s big deadline day acquisition is set to debut next week.
Robidas, 37, has been out of action since breaking broke both his tibia and fibula, which required a rod being inserted into the tibia and screws inserted into his ankle and knee. Robidas was given a 4-6 month recovery timetable but, within days of undergoing surgery, was doing upper leg exercises and trying to develop movement in his ankle.
Robidas is in the final of a four-year, $13.2 million deal with a $3.3 million cap hit.
If he does return to action on the 18th, it promises to be a big night at the Honda Center. The game will also be the first time ex-Duck Dustin Penner returns to Anaheim since being flipped to Washington at the deadline. Penner spent three years in Anaheim, helping win the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history during the 2006-07 campaign.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25