Mar 10, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
Anaheim’s big deadline day acquisition is set to debut next week.
Robidas, 37, has been out of action since breaking broke both his tibia and fibula, which required a rod being inserted into the tibia and screws inserted into his ankle and knee. Robidas was given a 4-6 month recovery timetable but, within days of undergoing surgery, was doing upper leg exercises and trying to develop movement in his ankle.
Robidas is in the final of a four-year, $13.2 million deal with a $3.3 million cap hit.
If he does return to action on the 18th, it promises to be a big night at the Honda Center. The game will also be the first time ex-Duck Dustin Penner returns to Anaheim since being flipped to Washington at the deadline. Penner spent three years in Anaheim, helping win the first and only Stanley Cup in franchise history during the 2006-07 campaign.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 3
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)