Mar 10, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, Nolan will have a phone hearing with the Department of Player Safety about the play.
Nolan was assessed a double-minor for his shot to Joensuu’s face late in the second period. Joensuu was given a separate minor penalty for cross-checking in the situation due to the shenanigans.
If you’re curious about Nolan’s disciplinary history, he was fined last season when he cross-checked Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin, but he’s yet to be suspended, much to the chagrin of Phoenix Coyotes fans.
Update (10:21 a.m. ET): Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports says Nolan will have a phone meeting with the league at 12:15 p.m. ET
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)