Mar 10, 2014, 9:19 AM EST
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, Nolan will have a phone hearing with the Department of Player Safety about the play.
Nolan was assessed a double-minor for his shot to Joensuu’s face late in the second period. Joensuu was given a separate minor penalty for cross-checking in the situation due to the shenanigans.
If you’re curious about Nolan’s disciplinary history, he was fined last season when he cross-checked Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin, but he’s yet to be suspended, much to the chagrin of Phoenix Coyotes fans.
Update (10:21 a.m. ET): Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports says Nolan will have a phone meeting with the league at 12:15 p.m. ET
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 6
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 15
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 42
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)