Mar 10, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, Nolan will have a phone hearing with the Department of Player Safety about the play.
Nolan was assessed a double-minor for his shot to Joensuu’s face late in the second period. Joensuu was given a separate minor penalty for cross-checking in the situation due to the shenanigans.
If you’re curious about Nolan’s disciplinary history, he was fined last season when he cross-checked Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin, but he’s yet to be suspended, much to the chagrin of Phoenix Coyotes fans.
Update (10:21 a.m. ET): Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports says Nolan will have a phone meeting with the league at 12:15 p.m. ET
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 50
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)