Mar 10, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, Nolan will have a phone hearing with the Department of Player Safety about the play.
Nolan was assessed a double-minor for his shot to Joensuu’s face late in the second period. Joensuu was given a separate minor penalty for cross-checking in the situation due to the shenanigans.
If you’re curious about Nolan’s disciplinary history, he was fined last season when he cross-checked Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin, but he’s yet to be suspended, much to the chagrin of Phoenix Coyotes fans.
Update (10:21 a.m. ET): Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports says Nolan will have a phone meeting with the league at 12:15 p.m. ET
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5