Mar 10, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, Nolan will have a phone hearing with the Department of Player Safety about the play.
Nolan was assessed a double-minor for his shot to Joensuu’s face late in the second period. Joensuu was given a separate minor penalty for cross-checking in the situation due to the shenanigans.
If you’re curious about Nolan’s disciplinary history, he was fined last season when he cross-checked Vancouver’s Henrik Sedin, but he’s yet to be suspended, much to the chagrin of Phoenix Coyotes fans.
Update (10:21 a.m. ET): Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports says Nolan will have a phone meeting with the league at 12:15 p.m. ET
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40