Mar 10, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets have only been to the playoffs once since entering the NHL in 2000, and they still haven’t won a playoff game. But that could change this season with a good stretch run.
According to Sports Club Stats, the Jackets have a 60.4 percent chance of making the postseason. They currently own the final wild card spot in the East, tied with Detroit in points, but with a game in hand on the Red Wings.
With no long road trips out West and 10 of 18 at home to finish things out, it’s not a particularly harrowing remaining schedule for Columbus. The Jackets play tonight in Dallas, before a huge home game tomorrow versus Detroit.
On Saturday, they earned a hard-fought 1-0 win in Nashville.
“That’s a playoff game right there,” d-man James Wisniewski said. “That’s what it’s going to take. We had guys taking hits, blocking shots, getting punched in the head … just grinding it out.”
Columbus also hosts San Jose Thursday, before making a trip to Minnesota for a game Saturday.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)