Mar 10, 2014, 9:57 PM EST
The Dallas Stars provided updates about Rich Peverley after he was hospitalized following a scary collapse during Monday’s game, including the stunning revelation that he wanted to return to action tonight. Head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed as much following the postponement.
The Stars announced that Peverley will undergo “extensive testing” regarding his condition, with the best news being that he was “successfully treated.” He already missed some time earlier this season with an irregular heartbeat, including a recent setback before Monday’s incident, which Dr. Gil Salazar labeled as a “cardiac event.”
Naturally, no decision has been made regarding when – or if – Peverley will resume his NHL career … but it’s pretty clear that he wanted to return to the ice right away.
The NHL provided this statement regarding the 31-year-old:
Dallas player Rich Peverley is doing well and is in stable condition. He has has been transported to the hospital. As a result of the emotional state of the players on both teams caused by the medical emergency, the game is being postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank the fans.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)