Mar 10, 2014, 9:57 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars provided updates about Rich Peverley after he was hospitalized following a scary collapse during Monday’s game, including the stunning revelation that he wanted to return to action tonight. Head coach Lindy Ruff confirmed as much following the postponement.
The Stars announced that Peverley will undergo “extensive testing” regarding his condition, with the best news being that he was “successfully treated.” He already missed some time earlier this season with an irregular heartbeat, including a recent setback before Monday’s incident, which Dr. Gil Salazar labeled as a “cardiac event.”
Naturally, no decision has been made regarding when – or if – Peverley will resume his NHL career … but it’s pretty clear that he wanted to return to the ice right away.
The NHL provided this statement regarding the 31-year-old:
Dallas player Rich Peverley is doing well and is in stable condition. He has has been transported to the hospital. As a result of the emotional state of the players on both teams caused by the medical emergency, the game is being postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank the fans.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)