Mar 10, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Toronto police released a statement requesting assistance in finding Terry Trafford of the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit, as the 20-year-old was last seen at a practice on March 3. The OHL also provided a statement regarding the missing player:
Toronto, ON – Terry Trafford, a player with the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit has been missing since Monday March 3, 2014. The OHL is very concerned with Terry’s whereabouts and safety. We have been in contact with Terry’s parents and are in daily contact with the Spirit.
We have reached out to our teams and players encouraging them to come forward with any information that they may have and we remain committed to forwarding any and all relevant information to the police.
We are very hopeful that Terry will return home safely soon.
The Toronto Star has a little more.
“We, along with the Ontario Hockey League, have been working diligently and doing all that is possible to assist in the process of locating Terry,” Saginaw Spirit managing partner Craig Goslin said. “Our primary concern remains to assist the professionals that are diligently working to locate Terry and all activities have been focused on that support for them.”
Trafford’s former teammate and Calgary Flames forward Sean Monahan shared his best wishes on Sunday.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39