Mar 10, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Toronto police released a statement requesting assistance in finding Terry Trafford of the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit, as the 20-year-old was last seen at a practice on March 3. The OHL also provided a statement regarding the missing player:
Toronto, ON – Terry Trafford, a player with the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit has been missing since Monday March 3, 2014. The OHL is very concerned with Terry’s whereabouts and safety. We have been in contact with Terry’s parents and are in daily contact with the Spirit.
We have reached out to our teams and players encouraging them to come forward with any information that they may have and we remain committed to forwarding any and all relevant information to the police.
We are very hopeful that Terry will return home safely soon.
The Toronto Star has a little more.
“We, along with the Ontario Hockey League, have been working diligently and doing all that is possible to assist in the process of locating Terry,” Saginaw Spirit managing partner Craig Goslin said. “Our primary concern remains to assist the professionals that are diligently working to locate Terry and all activities have been focused on that support for them.”
Trafford’s former teammate and Calgary Flames forward Sean Monahan shared his best wishes on Sunday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 10
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 14
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5