Mar 10, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Toronto police released a statement requesting assistance in finding Terry Trafford of the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit, as the 20-year-old was last seen at a practice on March 3. The OHL also provided a statement regarding the missing player:
Toronto, ON – Terry Trafford, a player with the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit has been missing since Monday March 3, 2014. The OHL is very concerned with Terry’s whereabouts and safety. We have been in contact with Terry’s parents and are in daily contact with the Spirit.
We have reached out to our teams and players encouraging them to come forward with any information that they may have and we remain committed to forwarding any and all relevant information to the police.
We are very hopeful that Terry will return home safely soon.
The Toronto Star has a little more.
“We, along with the Ontario Hockey League, have been working diligently and doing all that is possible to assist in the process of locating Terry,” Saginaw Spirit managing partner Craig Goslin said. “Our primary concern remains to assist the professionals that are diligently working to locate Terry and all activities have been focused on that support for them.”
Trafford’s former teammate and Calgary Flames forward Sean Monahan shared his best wishes on Sunday.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 14
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 29
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 26
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 20
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6