Mar 10, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
Toronto police released a statement requesting assistance in finding Terry Trafford of the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit, as the 20-year-old was last seen at a practice on March 3. The OHL also provided a statement regarding the missing player:
Toronto, ON – Terry Trafford, a player with the OHL’s Saginaw Spirit has been missing since Monday March 3, 2014. The OHL is very concerned with Terry’s whereabouts and safety. We have been in contact with Terry’s parents and are in daily contact with the Spirit.
We have reached out to our teams and players encouraging them to come forward with any information that they may have and we remain committed to forwarding any and all relevant information to the police.
We are very hopeful that Terry will return home safely soon.
The Toronto Star has a little more.
“We, along with the Ontario Hockey League, have been working diligently and doing all that is possible to assist in the process of locating Terry,” Saginaw Spirit managing partner Craig Goslin said. “Our primary concern remains to assist the professionals that are diligently working to locate Terry and all activities have been focused on that support for them.”
Trafford’s former teammate and Calgary Flames forward Sean Monahan shared his best wishes on Sunday.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)