Mar 10, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The NHL decided to postpone Monday’s game between the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets after Rich Peverley collapsed on the Stars bench. Peverley is conscious and receiving treatment at a nearby hospital.
The Blue Jackets held a 1-0 lead at the 6:23 mark of the first period. It’s unclear when the game will be made up at this time, but an update will be provided when that information is available.
The Stars head to St. Louis the face the Blues on Tuesday while the Blue Jackets host the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow, so both teams will face a quick turnaround following this jarring scene.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18