Mar 10, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The NHL decided to postpone Monday’s game between the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets after Rich Peverley collapsed on the Stars bench. Peverley is conscious and receiving treatment at a nearby hospital.
The Blue Jackets held a 1-0 lead at the 6:23 mark of the first period. It’s unclear when the game will be made up at this time, but an update will be provided when that information is available.
The Stars head to St. Louis the face the Blues on Tuesday while the Blue Jackets host the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow, so both teams will face a quick turnaround following this jarring scene.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22