Mar 10, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The NHL decided to postpone Monday’s game between the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets after Rich Peverley collapsed on the Stars bench. Peverley is conscious and receiving treatment at a nearby hospital.
The Blue Jackets held a 1-0 lead at the 6:23 mark of the first period. It’s unclear when the game will be made up at this time, but an update will be provided when that information is available.
The Stars head to St. Louis the face the Blues on Tuesday while the Blue Jackets host the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow, so both teams will face a quick turnaround following this jarring scene.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 10
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 22
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)