Mar 10, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
The NHL decided to postpone Monday’s game between the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets after Rich Peverley collapsed on the Stars bench. Peverley is conscious and receiving treatment at a nearby hospital.
The Blue Jackets held a 1-0 lead at the 6:23 mark of the first period. It’s unclear when the game will be made up at this time, but an update will be provided when that information is available.
The Stars head to St. Louis the face the Blues on Tuesday while the Blue Jackets host the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow, so both teams will face a quick turnaround following this jarring scene.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)