Mar 10, 2014, 9:29 PM EST
The NHL decided to postpone Monday’s game between the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets after Rich Peverley collapsed on the Stars bench. Peverley is conscious and receiving treatment at a nearby hospital.
The Blue Jackets held a 1-0 lead at the 6:23 mark of the first period. It’s unclear when the game will be made up at this time, but an update will be provided when that information is available.
The Stars head to St. Louis the face the Blues on Tuesday while the Blue Jackets host the Detroit Red Wings tomorrow, so both teams will face a quick turnaround following this jarring scene.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)