Mar 10, 2014, 12:44 PM EDT
Brandon Gormley, the 13th overall pick in the 2010 draft, will make his NHL debut tonight for the Phoenix Coyotes in Tampa Bay, per Sarah McLellan of azcentral sports.
Gormley was called up Friday from AHL Portland. The 22-year-old defenseman has 63 points in 120 AHL games. He was a healthy scratch in Saturday’s 3-2 loss to the Capitals.
Gormley is the lowest pick of the 2010 draft who has yet to play an NHL game.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (75)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)