Mar 10, 2014, 12:44 PM EST
Brandon Gormley, the 13th overall pick in the 2010 draft, will make his NHL debut tonight for the Phoenix Coyotes in Tampa Bay, per Sarah McLellan of azcentral sports.
Gormley was called up Friday from AHL Portland. The 22-year-old defenseman has 63 points in 120 AHL games. He was a healthy scratch in Saturday’s 3-2 loss to the Capitals.
Gormley is the lowest pick of the 2010 draft who has yet to play an NHL game.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46