Mar 9, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
We got a matinee today against two Eastern Conference teams just barely holding onto their respective playoff spots.
Although the Detroit Red Wings and New York Rangers aren’t currently in direct competition for postseason positions, there’s no question that a loss this afternoon would be a big blow to either squad’s chances.
The game is airing on NBC and can also be viewed via the live stream link below:
It will be worth keeping an eye on Martin St. Louis in particular today. He has just one assist in two games, but now that the former Tampa Bay Lightning captain has had a chance to settle in, he could step up and steal a game for the Rangers. Meanwhile, Detroit will counter with Johan Franzen, who has a league-leading 11 points in five games since the Olympics.
The Rangers won the first two games in their season series, but both contests were decided by just one goal. It wouldn’t be surprising if this turns out to be another close game.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)