Mar 9, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
We got a matinee today against two Eastern Conference teams just barely holding onto their respective playoff spots.
Although the Detroit Red Wings and New York Rangers aren’t currently in direct competition for postseason positions, there’s no question that a loss this afternoon would be a big blow to either squad’s chances.
The game is airing on NBC and can also be viewed via the live stream link below:
It will be worth keeping an eye on Martin St. Louis in particular today. He has just one assist in two games, but now that the former Tampa Bay Lightning captain has had a chance to settle in, he could step up and steal a game for the Rangers. Meanwhile, Detroit will counter with Johan Franzen, who has a league-leading 11 points in five games since the Olympics.
The Rangers won the first two games in their season series, but both contests were decided by just one goal. It wouldn’t be surprising if this turns out to be another close game.
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9