Mar 9, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
As usual, there will be more than a few Chicago Blackhawks jerseys in the crowd as they face the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. There’s extra motivation for Sabres fans to don Patrick Kane sweaters, however, as he plays in his hometown.
The game airs on NBCSN while the live stream link is available below.
Chicago hopes to distance itself from the Colorado Avalanche, as they have one more point with the same 18 games remaining, yet the Avalanche carry the wins tiebreaker (41-37) at the moment. There’s not much at stake for the Sabres aside from pride and some talent evaluation, particularly with a slew of players injured. The Sabres face a team that might lay out something of a rebuilding blueprint for Buffalo as they face the ‘Hawks tonight.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 0
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)