Mar 9, 2014, 7:29 PM EST
As usual, there will be more than a few Chicago Blackhawks jerseys in the crowd as they face the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. There’s extra motivation for Sabres fans to don Patrick Kane sweaters, however, as he plays in his hometown.
The game airs on NBCSN while the live stream link is available below.
Chicago hopes to distance itself from the Colorado Avalanche, as they have one more point with the same 18 games remaining, yet the Avalanche carry the wins tiebreaker (41-37) at the moment. There’s not much at stake for the Sabres aside from pride and some talent evaluation, particularly with a slew of players injured. The Sabres face a team that might lay out something of a rebuilding blueprint for Buffalo as they face the ‘Hawks tonight.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 56
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 34
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 51
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (169)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)