Mar 9, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
As usual, there will be more than a few Chicago Blackhawks jerseys in the crowd as they face the Buffalo Sabres on Sunday. There’s extra motivation for Sabres fans to don Patrick Kane sweaters, however, as he plays in his hometown.
The game airs on NBCSN while the live stream link is available below.
Chicago hopes to distance itself from the Colorado Avalanche, as they have one more point with the same 18 games remaining, yet the Avalanche carry the wins tiebreaker (41-37) at the moment. There’s not much at stake for the Sabres aside from pride and some talent evaluation, particularly with a slew of players injured. The Sabres face a team that might lay out something of a rebuilding blueprint for Buffalo as they face the ‘Hawks tonight.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 1
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)