Mar 9, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are third in the league in goals per game without having a single player in the top-30 of the NHL’s scoring race.
They’ve accomplished that feat by having a balanced squad where almost any player can be the hero in any given game. On Saturday, it was Oshie that made his presence known, beating Avalanche defenseman Nate Guenin one-on-one with an impressive deke before shoving the puck to David Backes to put the Blues on the board in their eventual 2-1 victory.
You can view his maneuver below:
“It’s crazy what he does out there and I’m the beneficiary,” Backes said after the game, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I’m just going to the net like I’m supposed to, and he makes a fantastic play. Then the vision as he’s going down to find me backdoor, that’s 100 percent his goal all the way.”
The Blues have now won four straight games to improve to 43-14-6 this season. It’s debatable whether you want to refer to any of their forwards as a star, but they certainly have plenty of scoring depth and when you combine that with one of the best defenses in the league and newly acquired goaltender Ryan Miller, you have a team that could go far in the playoffs.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 19
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 9
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 40
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)