Mar 9, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames announced that forward Matt Stajan is taking a leave of absence after his son Emerson died following childbirth on March 3.
Here’s the Flames’ release regarding that awful news.
It is with great sadness we inform that Katie and Matt Stajan are grieving the loss of their son, Emerson Stajan. Emerson passed away Monday, March 3, 2014, following childbirth.
Our thoughts and prayers are with Katie and Matt at this difficult time. We appreciate that everyone has and will continue to respect their privacy during this period.
A private memorial service will take place in the ensuing days.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)