Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings forward Jordan Nolan has had a close call with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety before, but he might be at a greater risk of a suspension after an incident on Sunday.
He received a double-minor for roughing Edmonton Oilers winger Joe Joensuu in an incident that prompted many to throw around the term “sucker punch.” Sharp video isn’t available yet, but for now, let’s look at two other shots of the situation.
“Orange Puck” uploaded this footage of the incident on Vine:
SB Nation passes along a GIF from an alternate angle:
It will be interesting to see how the NHL handles this situation.
The Kings came out on top 4-2, giving Los Angeles seven consecutive wins.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (32)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)