Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings forward Jordan Nolan has had a close call with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety before, but he might be at a greater risk of a suspension after an incident on Sunday.
He received a double-minor for roughing Edmonton Oilers winger Joe Joensuu in an incident that prompted many to throw around the term “sucker punch.” Sharp video isn’t available yet, but for now, let’s look at two other shots of the situation.
“Orange Puck” uploaded this footage of the incident on Vine:
SB Nation passes along a GIF from an alternate angle:
It will be interesting to see how the NHL handles this situation.
The Kings came out on top 4-2, giving Los Angeles seven consecutive wins.
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)