Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EST
Los Angeles Kings forward Jordan Nolan has had a close call with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety before, but he might be at a greater risk of a suspension after an incident on Sunday.
He received a double-minor for roughing Edmonton Oilers winger Joe Joensuu in an incident that prompted many to throw around the term “sucker punch.” Sharp video isn’t available yet, but for now, let’s look at two other shots of the situation.
“Orange Puck” uploaded this footage of the incident on Vine:
SB Nation passes along a GIF from an alternate angle:
It will be interesting to see how the NHL handles this situation.
The Kings came out on top 4-2, giving Los Angeles seven consecutive wins.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)