Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings forward Jordan Nolan has had a close call with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety before, but he might be at a greater risk of a suspension after an incident on Sunday.
He received a double-minor for roughing Edmonton Oilers winger Joe Joensuu in an incident that prompted many to throw around the term “sucker punch.” Sharp video isn’t available yet, but for now, let’s look at two other shots of the situation.
“Orange Puck” uploaded this footage of the incident on Vine:
SB Nation passes along a GIF from an alternate angle:
It will be interesting to see how the NHL handles this situation.
The Kings came out on top 4-2, giving Los Angeles seven consecutive wins.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)