Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Los Angeles Kings forward Jordan Nolan has had a close call with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety before, but he might be at a greater risk of a suspension after an incident on Sunday.
He received a double-minor for roughing Edmonton Oilers winger Joe Joensuu in an incident that prompted many to throw around the term “sucker punch.” Sharp video isn’t available yet, but for now, let’s look at two other shots of the situation.
“Orange Puck” uploaded this footage of the incident on Vine:
SB Nation passes along a GIF from an alternate angle:
It will be interesting to see how the NHL handles this situation.
The Kings came out on top 4-2, giving Los Angeles seven consecutive wins.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 5
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 15
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)