Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
At that point, the Panthers seemed committed to sticking with Tim Thomas for the rest of the season. After all, they made bobbleheads of him and everything.
Speaking of, if you still want one, they’re giving them out to 7,500 fans tonight ahead of their game against the Boston Bruins, per the Miami Herald.
They’re a collector’s item, especially seeing his jersey is wrong from the moment it enters your hands. The acquisition of Luongo prompted them to send Thomas to the Dallas Stars.
Perhaps they should have at least waited until April 6 when Florida will host Thomas’ new team, but a match against two squads that used to have two-time Vezina Trophy winner works too…
It's Tim Thomas bobblehead day at the Panthers game. Yes, still. pic.twitter.com/gdqjn0U2Fg
— Amalie Benjamin (@AmalieBenjamin) March 9, 2014
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13