Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
At that point, the Panthers seemed committed to sticking with Tim Thomas for the rest of the season. After all, they made bobbleheads of him and everything.
Speaking of, if you still want one, they’re giving them out to 7,500 fans tonight ahead of their game against the Boston Bruins, per the Miami Herald.
They’re a collector’s item, especially seeing his jersey is wrong from the moment it enters your hands. The acquisition of Luongo prompted them to send Thomas to the Dallas Stars.
Perhaps they should have at least waited until April 6 when Florida will host Thomas’ new team, but a match against two squads that used to have two-time Vezina Trophy winner works too…
It's Tim Thomas bobblehead day at the Panthers game. Yes, still. pic.twitter.com/gdqjn0U2Fg
— Amalie Benjamin (@AmalieBenjamin) March 9, 2014
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50