Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
At that point, the Panthers seemed committed to sticking with Tim Thomas for the rest of the season. After all, they made bobbleheads of him and everything.
Speaking of, if you still want one, they’re giving them out to 7,500 fans tonight ahead of their game against the Boston Bruins, per the Miami Herald.
They’re a collector’s item, especially seeing his jersey is wrong from the moment it enters your hands. The acquisition of Luongo prompted them to send Thomas to the Dallas Stars.
Perhaps they should have at least waited until April 6 when Florida will host Thomas’ new team, but a match against two squads that used to have two-time Vezina Trophy winner works too…
It's Tim Thomas bobblehead day at the Panthers game. Yes, still. pic.twitter.com/gdqjn0U2Fg
— Amalie Benjamin (@AmalieBenjamin) March 9, 2014
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 14
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 29
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 26
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 25
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 20
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6