Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EST
At that point, the Panthers seemed committed to sticking with Tim Thomas for the rest of the season. After all, they made bobbleheads of him and everything.
Speaking of, if you still want one, they’re giving them out to 7,500 fans tonight ahead of their game against the Boston Bruins, per the Miami Herald.
They’re a collector’s item, especially seeing his jersey is wrong from the moment it enters your hands. The acquisition of Luongo prompted them to send Thomas to the Dallas Stars.
Perhaps they should have at least waited until April 6 when Florida will host Thomas’ new team, but a match against two squads that used to have two-time Vezina Trophy winner works too…
It's Tim Thomas bobblehead day at the Panthers game. Yes, still. pic.twitter.com/gdqjn0U2Fg
— Amalie Benjamin (@AmalieBenjamin) March 9, 2014
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 4
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (72)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)