Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
After starting his NHL career with 24 points in 35 games with Tampa Bay, Cory Conacher‘s NHL career has been on a steep decline since he was dealt to Ottawa.
His tenure with the Senators ended when he was claimed off wiavers on Wednesday. Now the 24-year-old forward is getting ready to start the next chapter of his career tonight with the Buffalo Sabres.
The Sabres could certainly use the help right now. They’ve traded away Ryan Miller, Brayden McNabb, Steve Ott, and Matt Moulson and recently lost forwards Zemgus Girgensons, Chris Stewart, and Torrey Mitchell to injuries. That’s on top of defenseman Rostislav Klesla refusing to play for Buffalo after the team acquired him.
Buffalo will play against Chicago tonight (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)