Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
After starting his NHL career with 24 points in 35 games with Tampa Bay, Cory Conacher‘s NHL career has been on a steep decline since he was dealt to Ottawa.
His tenure with the Senators ended when he was claimed off wiavers on Wednesday. Now the 24-year-old forward is getting ready to start the next chapter of his career tonight with the Buffalo Sabres.
The Sabres could certainly use the help right now. They’ve traded away Ryan Miller, Brayden McNabb, Steve Ott, and Matt Moulson and recently lost forwards Zemgus Girgensons, Chris Stewart, and Torrey Mitchell to injuries. That’s on top of defenseman Rostislav Klesla refusing to play for Buffalo after the team acquired him.
Buffalo will play against Chicago tonight (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6