Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
After starting his NHL career with 24 points in 35 games with Tampa Bay, Cory Conacher‘s NHL career has been on a steep decline since he was dealt to Ottawa.
His tenure with the Senators ended when he was claimed off wiavers on Wednesday. Now the 24-year-old forward is getting ready to start the next chapter of his career tonight with the Buffalo Sabres.
The Sabres could certainly use the help right now. They’ve traded away Ryan Miller, Brayden McNabb, Steve Ott, and Matt Moulson and recently lost forwards Zemgus Girgensons, Chris Stewart, and Torrey Mitchell to injuries. That’s on top of defenseman Rostislav Klesla refusing to play for Buffalo after the team acquired him.
Buffalo will play against Chicago tonight (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)