Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EST
After starting his NHL career with 24 points in 35 games with Tampa Bay, Cory Conacher‘s NHL career has been on a steep decline since he was dealt to Ottawa.
His tenure with the Senators ended when he was claimed off wiavers on Wednesday. Now the 24-year-old forward is getting ready to start the next chapter of his career tonight with the Buffalo Sabres.
The Sabres could certainly use the help right now. They’ve traded away Ryan Miller, Brayden McNabb, Steve Ott, and Matt Moulson and recently lost forwards Zemgus Girgensons, Chris Stewart, and Torrey Mitchell to injuries. That’s on top of defenseman Rostislav Klesla refusing to play for Buffalo after the team acquired him.
Buffalo will play against Chicago tonight (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN).
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (56)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)