Mar 8, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
On a night in which the Dallas Stars retired Mike Modano’s No. 9, Tyler Seguin continues to play in a way that might get his No. 91 in the rafters one day, too.
The Stars made the Minnesota Wild pay for Erik Haula charging Kari Lehtonen on Saturday, as Seguin scored the game-tying goal during a five-minute power play. The 22-year-old now has eight points in his last two games after tonight’s one-goal, two-assist output.
Erik Cole notched the game-winner with less than five minutes remaining, showing plenty of patience and skill in finding the net for the 15th time this season.
Tim Thomas came in for Lehtonen late in the game thanks to that collision and eventually received an unusual win by making all six relief saves in 13:23 of game time. The Stars may very well need him to be sharp if Lehtonen’s issues are serious.
That thought is grim, but for the most part, the Stars showed that they might have the star power to finally carry the torch from the franchise’s gravy days with Modano.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)