Mar 8, 2014, 8:53 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators gained some reasons for optimism on Saturday. For one thing, Ales Hemsky and Jason Spezza displayed some early chemistry in a nice win against Winnipeg. If that wasn’t enough, Clarke MacArthur‘s injured hand shouldn’t require surgery, according to head coach Paul MacLean via the Ottawa Sun.
MacLean said that it boils down to pain threshold, precisely his ability to hang onto his stick. The team could get the winger back as soon as next Saturday.
MacLean wasn’t happy about MacArthur suffering the injury via a fight with the Calgary Flames’ Chris Butler after delivering what was believed to be a clean hit.
“It appears that’s the way it is in the NHL: It’s a No hitter league,” MacLean said. “If you hit anybody too hard you have to fight all the time. That’s just the way it is but I don’t think he had much recourse.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)