Mar 8, 2014, 2:42 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets revealed that 20-year-old rookie defenseman Ryan Murray has undergone arthroscopic knee surgery and is expected to miss the next four-to-six weeks as a result. He suffered the injury during Monday’s game.
With the 2013-14 campaign winding down, it’s likely that Murray won’t be able to return before the end of the regular season. He might even miss the start of the playoffs, assuming Columbus can get that far.
Nikitin is dealing with an upper-body injury, but did skate this morning.
Murray, 20, unfortunately already has experience dealing with significant injuries. He missed most of the 2012-13 campaign after suffering a shoulder injury that required surgery while playing for the WHL Everett Silvertips. If not for that, he would have probably made his NHL debut last season following the lockout.
The Blue Jackets took him with the second overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 2
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 1
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)