Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get their first look at forwards Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick against the Dallas Stars on Saturday, the latest examples of GM Chuck Fletcher’s work. Apparently the franchise is noticing Fletcher’s efforts, as the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that the general manager is expected to get a contract extension.
Fletcher has been the Wild’s GM since May 21, 2009.
Moulson told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he’s excited to get back into meaningful action after spending some time with the cellar dwelling Buffalo Sabres.
“It’s exciting to play against the team you’re battling with for position and to get into games that mean a lot,” Moulson said. “I had a little taste of that last year (with the New York Islanders) and it’ll be good to get back into it this year.”
It should be an exciting scene, indeed, as the Stars will ride the momentum of an emotional Mike Modano jersey retirement ceremony.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 27
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 11
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)