Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get their first look at forwards Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick against the Dallas Stars on Saturday, the latest examples of GM Chuck Fletcher’s work. Apparently the franchise is noticing Fletcher’s efforts, as the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that the general manager is expected to get a contract extension.
Fletcher has been the Wild’s GM since May 21, 2009.
Moulson told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he’s excited to get back into meaningful action after spending some time with the cellar dwelling Buffalo Sabres.
“It’s exciting to play against the team you’re battling with for position and to get into games that mean a lot,” Moulson said. “I had a little taste of that last year (with the New York Islanders) and it’ll be good to get back into it this year.”
It should be an exciting scene, indeed, as the Stars will ride the momentum of an emotional Mike Modano jersey retirement ceremony.
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 25
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 26
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)