Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get their first look at forwards Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick against the Dallas Stars on Saturday, the latest examples of GM Chuck Fletcher’s work. Apparently the franchise is noticing Fletcher’s efforts, as the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that the general manager is expected to get a contract extension.
Fletcher has been the Wild’s GM since May 21, 2009.
Moulson told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he’s excited to get back into meaningful action after spending some time with the cellar dwelling Buffalo Sabres.
“It’s exciting to play against the team you’re battling with for position and to get into games that mean a lot,” Moulson said. “I had a little taste of that last year (with the New York Islanders) and it’ll be good to get back into it this year.”
It should be an exciting scene, indeed, as the Stars will ride the momentum of an emotional Mike Modano jersey retirement ceremony.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)