Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild will get their first look at forwards Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick against the Dallas Stars on Saturday, the latest examples of GM Chuck Fletcher’s work. Apparently the franchise is noticing Fletcher’s efforts, as the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that the general manager is expected to get a contract extension.
Fletcher has been the Wild’s GM since May 21, 2009.
Moulson told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he’s excited to get back into meaningful action after spending some time with the cellar dwelling Buffalo Sabres.
“It’s exciting to play against the team you’re battling with for position and to get into games that mean a lot,” Moulson said. “I had a little taste of that last year (with the New York Islanders) and it’ll be good to get back into it this year.”
It should be an exciting scene, indeed, as the Stars will ride the momentum of an emotional Mike Modano jersey retirement ceremony.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)