Mar 8, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
The Minnesota Wild will get their first look at forwards Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick against the Dallas Stars on Saturday, the latest examples of GM Chuck Fletcher’s work. Apparently the franchise is noticing Fletcher’s efforts, as the CBC’s Elliotte Friedman reports that the general manager is expected to get a contract extension.
Fletcher has been the Wild’s GM since May 21, 2009.
Moulson told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune that he’s excited to get back into meaningful action after spending some time with the cellar dwelling Buffalo Sabres.
“It’s exciting to play against the team you’re battling with for position and to get into games that mean a lot,” Moulson said. “I had a little taste of that last year (with the New York Islanders) and it’ll be good to get back into it this year.”
It should be an exciting scene, indeed, as the Stars will ride the momentum of an emotional Mike Modano jersey retirement ceremony.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54