Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
At this rate, Ryan Miller just might keep that goalie mask blank.
The 33-year-old goalie is now 4-0-0 as the St. Louis Blues’ go-to goalie thanks to a 2-1 win against the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday. NHL.com’s Lou Korac notes that Miller now has a win against every team except the Buffalo Sabres while the U.S.-born netminder has stopped 84 out of the 90 shots he’s seen in these four games.
The Blues continued an impressive run of their own, as they remain dominant against some tough Central Division competition:
Here’s video of one of Miller’s better moments:
With both Chicago and Anaheim inactive on Saturday, it’s appropriate to discuss the Blues’ seeding gains today. They’re now just one point behind the Ducks with a game in hand (St. Louis – 92 points in 63 games played; Anaheim – 93 points in 64 GP) while their divisional lead over the Blackhawks stretches to four points (Chicago – 88 points in 64 GP).
Colorado isn’t far behind in third place in the Central with 87 points in 64 games played, yet that might make this regulation loss sting a little more. There’s also some concern about Paul Stastny, who suffered a back injury today.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9