Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
At this rate, Ryan Miller just might keep that goalie mask blank.
The 33-year-old goalie is now 4-0-0 as the St. Louis Blues’ go-to goalie thanks to a 2-1 win against the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday. NHL.com’s Lou Korac notes that Miller now has a win against every team except the Buffalo Sabres while the U.S.-born netminder has stopped 84 out of the 90 shots he’s seen in these four games.
The Blues continued an impressive run of their own, as they remain dominant against some tough Central Division competition:
Here’s video of one of Miller’s better moments:
With both Chicago and Anaheim inactive on Saturday, it’s appropriate to discuss the Blues’ seeding gains today. They’re now just one point behind the Ducks with a game in hand (St. Louis – 92 points in 63 games played; Anaheim – 93 points in 64 GP) while their divisional lead over the Blackhawks stretches to four points (Chicago – 88 points in 64 GP).
Colorado isn’t far behind in third place in the Central with 87 points in 64 games played, yet that might make this regulation loss sting a little more. There’s also some concern about Paul Stastny, who suffered a back injury today.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 0
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 8
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)