Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
At this rate, Ryan Miller just might keep that goalie mask blank.
The 33-year-old goalie is now 4-0-0 as the St. Louis Blues’ go-to goalie thanks to a 2-1 win against the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday. NHL.com’s Lou Korac notes that Miller now has a win against every team except the Buffalo Sabres while the U.S.-born netminder has stopped 84 out of the 90 shots he’s seen in these four games.
The Blues continued an impressive run of their own, as they remain dominant against some tough Central Division competition:
Here’s video of one of Miller’s better moments:
With both Chicago and Anaheim inactive on Saturday, it’s appropriate to discuss the Blues’ seeding gains today. They’re now just one point behind the Ducks with a game in hand (St. Louis – 92 points in 63 games played; Anaheim – 93 points in 64 GP) while their divisional lead over the Blackhawks stretches to four points (Chicago – 88 points in 64 GP).
Colorado isn’t far behind in third place in the Central with 87 points in 64 games played, yet that might make this regulation loss sting a little more. There’s also some concern about Paul Stastny, who suffered a back injury today.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 23
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)