Mar 8, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
At this rate, Ryan Miller just might keep that goalie mask blank.
The 33-year-old goalie is now 4-0-0 as the St. Louis Blues’ go-to goalie thanks to a 2-1 win against the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday. NHL.com’s Lou Korac notes that Miller now has a win against every team except the Buffalo Sabres while the U.S.-born netminder has stopped 84 out of the 90 shots he’s seen in these four games.
The Blues continued an impressive run of their own, as they remain dominant against some tough Central Division competition:
Here’s video of one of Miller’s better moments:
With both Chicago and Anaheim inactive on Saturday, it’s appropriate to discuss the Blues’ seeding gains today. They’re now just one point behind the Ducks with a game in hand (St. Louis – 92 points in 63 games played; Anaheim – 93 points in 64 GP) while their divisional lead over the Blackhawks stretches to four points (Chicago – 88 points in 64 GP).
Colorado isn’t far behind in third place in the Central with 87 points in 64 games played, yet that might make this regulation loss sting a little more. There’s also some concern about Paul Stastny, who suffered a back injury today.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)