Mar 8, 2014, 9:51 AM EST
Senators coach Paul MacLean remarked that the team needs more of that, though preferably when they’re actually playing games.
If the theme of last season was that of an underrated group finding ways to win despite missing many of their key players due to injuries, then this year is about failing to live up to the expectations of others by putting forth a questionable effort.
That seems to be how Senators coach Paul MacLean sees it, who admitted that he’s bothered by the fact that we’re now in March and he still has to talk about the team’s work ethic.
“Every day we come to work, it’s ‘why don’t we play harder, why aren’t we a better group?’ That’s the things that we discuss every day, and we’re still searching for a solution,” MacLean told the Ottawa Citizen.
“All I know is we have 19 more games to play, and we’ve got to keep working on it. We can’t just let it slide, we have to continue to work at it. This isn’t just a one-year type of thing.”
Ottawa is six points shy of a Wild Card spot and they would need to pass four teams in order to make the postseason. They will play against Winnipeg at 3:00 p.m. ET today.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)