Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Update: Stars head coach Lindy Ruff told the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika that Lehtonen might have suffered a concussion from that hit. They expect to know more on Sunday.
The Dallas Stars acquired Tim Thomas as goaltending insurance for Kari Lehtonen. It didn’t take long for Thomas to be pressed into duty, as Minnesota Wild forward Erik Haula received a game misconduct and five-minute major for charging Lehtonen.
The 30-year-old goalie was left bloodied after the collision. Here’s video of the hit:
Tyler Seguin tied the game with a power-play goal on the resulting five-minute opportunity. That matches his career-high of 29 goals in one season, with more than a month left in the season.
It’s the kind of spirited effort that seems like a fitting honor to Mike Modano, although he probably didn’t appreciate the collision.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)