Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Update: Stars head coach Lindy Ruff told the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika that Lehtonen might have suffered a concussion from that hit. They expect to know more on Sunday.
The Dallas Stars acquired Tim Thomas as goaltending insurance for Kari Lehtonen. It didn’t take long for Thomas to be pressed into duty, as Minnesota Wild forward Erik Haula received a game misconduct and five-minute major for charging Lehtonen.
The 30-year-old goalie was left bloodied after the collision. Here’s video of the hit:
Tyler Seguin tied the game with a power-play goal on the resulting five-minute opportunity. That matches his career-high of 29 goals in one season, with more than a month left in the season.
It’s the kind of spirited effort that seems like a fitting honor to Mike Modano, although he probably didn’t appreciate the collision.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)