Mar 8, 2014, 11:09 PM EDT
Update: Stars head coach Lindy Ruff told the Dallas Morning News’ Mike Heika that Lehtonen might have suffered a concussion from that hit. They expect to know more on Sunday.
The Dallas Stars acquired Tim Thomas as goaltending insurance for Kari Lehtonen. It didn’t take long for Thomas to be pressed into duty, as Minnesota Wild forward Erik Haula received a game misconduct and five-minute major for charging Lehtonen.
The 30-year-old goalie was left bloodied after the collision. Here’s video of the hit:
Tyler Seguin tied the game with a power-play goal on the resulting five-minute opportunity. That matches his career-high of 29 goals in one season, with more than a month left in the season.
It’s the kind of spirited effort that seems like a fitting honor to Mike Modano, although he probably didn’t appreciate the collision.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 2
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 11
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)