Mar 8, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
At 42 years and 20 days old, Jagr scored his 20th goal of the season. Only Gordie Howe has ever reached the 20-goal milestone later in life (42 years, 324 days old), per the Elias Sports Bureau and Bergen Record.
Naturally, Jagr accomplished that feat with style:
Jagr has also now reached the 20-goal mark for the 18th time in his career. Howe holds the record for that as well, having accomplished that feat in 22 separate seasons. Only three other players beat Jagr in that regard, including Ron Francis (20), Brendan Shanahan (19), and Dave Andreychuk (19).
Although Jagr would like to play beyond the 2013-14 campaign, he probably won’t ever close the 100-goal gap that still remains between him and Howe, but with 701 career markers, Jagr holds the seventh spot on the all-time list.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 22
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 42
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 65
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 46
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)