Mar 8, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
At 42 years and 20 days old, Jagr scored his 20th goal of the season. Only Gordie Howe has ever reached the 20-goal milestone later in life (42 years, 324 days old), per the Elias Sports Bureau and Bergen Record.
Naturally, Jagr accomplished that feat with style:
Jagr has also now reached the 20-goal mark for the 18th time in his career. Howe holds the record for that as well, having accomplished that feat in 22 separate seasons. Only three other players beat Jagr in that regard, including Ron Francis (20), Brendan Shanahan (19), and Dave Andreychuk (19).
Although Jagr would like to play beyond the 2013-14 campaign, he probably won’t ever close the 100-goal gap that still remains between him and Howe, but with 701 career markers, Jagr holds the seventh spot on the all-time list.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5