Mar 8, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
At 42 years and 20 days old, Jagr scored his 20th goal of the season. Only Gordie Howe has ever reached the 20-goal milestone later in life (42 years, 324 days old), per the Elias Sports Bureau and Bergen Record.
Naturally, Jagr accomplished that feat with style:
Jagr has also now reached the 20-goal mark for the 18th time in his career. Howe holds the record for that as well, having accomplished that feat in 22 separate seasons. Only three other players beat Jagr in that regard, including Ron Francis (20), Brendan Shanahan (19), and Dave Andreychuk (19).
Although Jagr would like to play beyond the 2013-14 campaign, he probably won’t ever close the 100-goal gap that still remains between him and Howe, but with 701 career markers, Jagr holds the seventh spot on the all-time list.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)