Mar 8, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
At 42 years and 20 days old, Jagr scored his 20th goal of the season. Only Gordie Howe has ever reached the 20-goal milestone later in life (42 years, 324 days old), per the Elias Sports Bureau and Bergen Record.
Naturally, Jagr accomplished that feat with style:
Jagr has also now reached the 20-goal mark for the 18th time in his career. Howe holds the record for that as well, having accomplished that feat in 22 separate seasons. Only three other players beat Jagr in that regard, including Ron Francis (20), Brendan Shanahan (19), and Dave Andreychuk (19).
Although Jagr would like to play beyond the 2013-14 campaign, he probably won’t ever close the 100-goal gap that still remains between him and Howe, but with 701 career markers, Jagr holds the seventh spot on the all-time list.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54