Mar 8, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
At 42 years and 20 days old, Jagr scored his 20th goal of the season. Only Gordie Howe has ever reached the 20-goal milestone later in life (42 years, 324 days old), per the Elias Sports Bureau and Bergen Record.
Naturally, Jagr accomplished that feat with style:
Jagr has also now reached the 20-goal mark for the 18th time in his career. Howe holds the record for that as well, having accomplished that feat in 22 separate seasons. Only three other players beat Jagr in that regard, including Ron Francis (20), Brendan Shanahan (19), and Dave Andreychuk (19).
Although Jagr would like to play beyond the 2013-14 campaign, he probably won’t ever close the 100-goal gap that still remains between him and Howe, but with 701 career markers, Jagr holds the seventh spot on the all-time list.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47