Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
“He’s on target,” Quenneville said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. “He looks good. He’s working hard in the gym. I think at some point this week he’ll be on the ice.
“Hopefully he’ll be playing before we know it. I don’t think it’s going to be shorter than two [weeks].”
Hossa’s initial timetable was 2-3 weeks. He’s having a great campaign with 24 goals and 50 points in 57 games, but he’s only made it through one of the last six regular seasons without sustaining a significant injury.
At this point, Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot, but just three points separate St. Louis, the Blackhawks, and Colorado in the battle for the Central Division title.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 27
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 13
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54