Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EST
“He’s on target,” Quenneville said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. “He looks good. He’s working hard in the gym. I think at some point this week he’ll be on the ice.
“Hopefully he’ll be playing before we know it. I don’t think it’s going to be shorter than two [weeks].”
Hossa’s initial timetable was 2-3 weeks. He’s having a great campaign with 24 goals and 50 points in 57 games, but he’s only made it through one of the last six regular seasons without sustaining a significant injury.
At this point, Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot, but just three points separate St. Louis, the Blackhawks, and Colorado in the battle for the Central Division title.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46