Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
“He’s on target,” Quenneville said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. “He looks good. He’s working hard in the gym. I think at some point this week he’ll be on the ice.
“Hopefully he’ll be playing before we know it. I don’t think it’s going to be shorter than two [weeks].”
Hossa’s initial timetable was 2-3 weeks. He’s having a great campaign with 24 goals and 50 points in 57 games, but he’s only made it through one of the last six regular seasons without sustaining a significant injury.
At this point, Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot, but just three points separate St. Louis, the Blackhawks, and Colorado in the battle for the Central Division title.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)