Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
“He’s on target,” Quenneville said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. “He looks good. He’s working hard in the gym. I think at some point this week he’ll be on the ice.
“Hopefully he’ll be playing before we know it. I don’t think it’s going to be shorter than two [weeks].”
Hossa’s initial timetable was 2-3 weeks. He’s having a great campaign with 24 goals and 50 points in 57 games, but he’s only made it through one of the last six regular seasons without sustaining a significant injury.
At this point, Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot, but just three points separate St. Louis, the Blackhawks, and Colorado in the battle for the Central Division title.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)