Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
“He’s on target,” Quenneville said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. “He looks good. He’s working hard in the gym. I think at some point this week he’ll be on the ice.
“Hopefully he’ll be playing before we know it. I don’t think it’s going to be shorter than two [weeks].”
Hossa’s initial timetable was 2-3 weeks. He’s having a great campaign with 24 goals and 50 points in 57 games, but he’s only made it through one of the last six regular seasons without sustaining a significant injury.
At this point, Chicago has essentially secured its playoff spot, but just three points separate St. Louis, the Blackhawks, and Colorado in the battle for the Central Division title.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3