Mar 8, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
Update: The original box score credited Hemsky with four assists, but it turns out he had three.
Hemsky collected three assists in just 14:04 of ice time while Spezza generated three assists of his own. Here’s video of all four of the goals that featured Hemsky helpers:
Hemsky was named the first star of the contest, yet Craig Anderson might have been the true standout.
Craig Anderson falls one save short of tying his own franchise record for most saves in a regular season win. Ends with 46 today.—
Ian Mendes (@ian_mendes) March 08, 2014
Winnipeg fired 22 shots to Ottawa’s seven on net in the third period, yet only a Dustin Byfuglien slapper beat Anderson in that final frame.
Some of those Hemsky helpers and the sheer volume of saves aren’t exactly how the Senators would have drawn things up, yet Ottawa could be dangerous if both Hemsky, 30, and Anderson, 32 perform this well during the stretch run. Hemsky now has three points in his two games as a member of the Senators.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17