Mar 8, 2014, 2:05 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins were badly outshot, but managed to beat the Anaheim Ducks anyway.
The Penguins managed only 17 shots through three periods of regulation and the overtime, while allowing 31 Anaheim Ducks. Yet, in the end, and after a six-round shootout, the Penguins emerged victorious by a final of 3-2.
Anaheim defenseman Luca Sbisa left the game in the first period with a lower-body injury and did not return.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)