Mar 8, 2014, 2:05 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins were badly outshot, but managed to beat the Anaheim Ducks anyway.
The Penguins managed only 17 shots through three periods of regulation and the overtime, while allowing 31 Anaheim Ducks. Yet, in the end, and after a six-round shootout, the Penguins emerged victorious by a final of 3-2.
Anaheim defenseman Luca Sbisa left the game in the first period with a lower-body injury and did not return.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45