Mar 8, 2014, 2:05 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins were badly outshot, but managed to beat the Anaheim Ducks anyway.
The Penguins managed only 17 shots through three periods of regulation and the overtime, while allowing 31 Anaheim Ducks. Yet, in the end, and after a six-round shootout, the Penguins emerged victorious by a final of 3-2.
Anaheim defenseman Luca Sbisa left the game in the first period with a lower-body injury and did not return.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5