Mar 7, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
Age can’t seem to stop Jaromir Jagr – for now. Neither could a pair of Detroit Red Wings defenders during a rush in the second period of Friday’s game.
Jagr, the 42-year-old veteran New Jersey Devils forward, went top corner with a wrist shot on Jonas Gustavsson, but not before he managed to keep on the puck despite the tandem effort of Luke Glendening and Niklas Kronwall to try and check him as he entered the offensive zone. Jagr maintained control, made a few more moves and then snapped his shot.
It counted as Jagr’s 20th goal of the season, and the 701st of his career.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)