Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
That’s because MacArthur is dealing with a hand injury. Ottawa’s head coach Paul MacLean opened the door to the possibility that the veteran center could be out of the lineup beyond the start of next week.
“It might be longer, who knows?” MacLean said, as per NHL.com. “We just want to make sure we had our people look at it and make sure what it would be.
“That’s a big loss … But it’s also, as we’ve said lots of times in the past, it’s a good opportunity too. Somebody else gets to step up and play in that spot.”
The Senators, after two straight losses to Calgary and Edmonton, are currently on the outside of the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. They sit 12th, and are four points back of the Detroit Red Wings for the final Wild Card spot.
This season, MacArthur has 19 goals and 44 points in 62 games.
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 37
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 14
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 46
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)