Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
That’s because MacArthur is dealing with a hand injury. Ottawa’s head coach Paul MacLean opened the door to the possibility that the veteran center could be out of the lineup beyond the start of next week.
“It might be longer, who knows?” MacLean said, as per NHL.com. “We just want to make sure we had our people look at it and make sure what it would be.
“That’s a big loss … But it’s also, as we’ve said lots of times in the past, it’s a good opportunity too. Somebody else gets to step up and play in that spot.”
The Senators, after two straight losses to Calgary and Edmonton, are currently on the outside of the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. They sit 12th, and are four points back of the Detroit Red Wings for the final Wild Card spot.
This season, MacArthur has 19 goals and 44 points in 62 games.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)