Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
That’s because MacArthur is dealing with a hand injury. Ottawa’s head coach Paul MacLean opened the door to the possibility that the veteran center could be out of the lineup beyond the start of next week.
“It might be longer, who knows?” MacLean said, as per NHL.com. “We just want to make sure we had our people look at it and make sure what it would be.
“That’s a big loss … But it’s also, as we’ve said lots of times in the past, it’s a good opportunity too. Somebody else gets to step up and play in that spot.”
The Senators, after two straight losses to Calgary and Edmonton, are currently on the outside of the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. They sit 12th, and are four points back of the Detroit Red Wings for the final Wild Card spot.
This season, MacArthur has 19 goals and 44 points in 62 games.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)