Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
That’s because MacArthur is dealing with a hand injury. Ottawa’s head coach Paul MacLean opened the door to the possibility that the veteran center could be out of the lineup beyond the start of next week.
“It might be longer, who knows?” MacLean said, as per NHL.com. “We just want to make sure we had our people look at it and make sure what it would be.
“That’s a big loss … But it’s also, as we’ve said lots of times in the past, it’s a good opportunity too. Somebody else gets to step up and play in that spot.”
The Senators, after two straight losses to Calgary and Edmonton, are currently on the outside of the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. They sit 12th, and are four points back of the Detroit Red Wings for the final Wild Card spot.
This season, MacArthur has 19 goals and 44 points in 62 games.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 44
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9