Mar 7, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
That’s because MacArthur is dealing with a hand injury. Ottawa’s head coach Paul MacLean opened the door to the possibility that the veteran center could be out of the lineup beyond the start of next week.
“It might be longer, who knows?” MacLean said, as per NHL.com. “We just want to make sure we had our people look at it and make sure what it would be.
“That’s a big loss … But it’s also, as we’ve said lots of times in the past, it’s a good opportunity too. Somebody else gets to step up and play in that spot.”
The Senators, after two straight losses to Calgary and Edmonton, are currently on the outside of the playoff picture in the Eastern Conference. They sit 12th, and are four points back of the Detroit Red Wings for the final Wild Card spot.
This season, MacArthur has 19 goals and 44 points in 62 games.
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 6
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)