Mar 7, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Kari Lehtonen could’ve been upset at hearing of Tim Thomas‘ arrival in Dallas after the deadline day deal. Instead, he’s anxious to meet him and appreciates that Thomas, “likes Finnish people.” (Stars.com)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $1,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Friday’s NHL games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $350. Starts Friday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Add Los Angeles Kings GM Dean Lombardi to the list of people saying the salary cap will only jump to $68 million next season thanks to a weaker Canadian dollar. (Los Angeles Times)
Don’t fall for the hidden ball trick, you guys.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 2
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28